Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Mirajane knelled next to me, taking over on check on Erza as the girl passed out. Gray stood slightly in front of us, giving Phantom a taste of his mind like the rest of the guild. I watched feeling pride that Lucy had joined such a caring guild as this one, knowing that none others would protect their comrade like this.

I watched in surprise as ghosts came flying at us from the building. "Get ready!" I shouted, standing back up. "We're fighting to protect our comrade!"

Listening to those standing behind me I could tell that they were more concerned about what could happen in fifteen minutes than what was happening at that moment. Anger flickered through me as I called once more on my flames.

"Feel the pain, Fairy Tail." Phantom Guild master said. "You have two choices. Get killed by my soldiers, or die by jupiter."

My fist tightened as I glared at the approaching enemy. I would protect both Lucy and my guild mates.

"Impossible, is he going to kill his men with jupiter as well?"

"H-he's just threatening us. He won't fire it."

I tsked, wondering how they could be fooled so easily. Didn't they know just what a Guild Master could and would do at times to get what they wanted. Some would turn to the darkness and use any method that they had to, just to accomplish a job.

"Yes he will." Cana said. "That's Jose's magic, Shade. They're not human. They're just ghost soldiers that he created." She explained, remaining calm.

"What!?"

"Ghosts?!"

I swallowed watching as the kept getting closer and closer to us.

"We've gotta do something about Jupiter..." Her words trailed off.

"I'll smash it down!!" Natsu said. "15 minutes, right? I'll do it."

"You better, Pinky." I called out to him. "Because if you fail this mission I'll kick your ass."

He nodded. "Happy!!"

"Aye, Sir!"

I watched as he left to take care of the cannon.

"Elfman! We're going too!!" Gray shouted.

"All right!"

I nodded, trusting the three of them to do it. I watched as Gray used his ice magic to form a way to get to the building.

"Loki and I will strengthen our defenses here!! All right?" Cana asked.

"Yeah."

I turned, throwing a punch at the first ghost that appeared, watching as it disappeared. Soon the place was covered in ghosts, leaving me no time to think about Lucy or what she could possible be doing at that second. I knew that no matter what happened she would be protected by someone in the guild.

Moving around, I took out as many ghost as I could feeling as my wound reopened itself. I fall to my knees breathing heavily from all the fighting that I was doing. I could feel the sweat on my face.

"Behind you!"

I turned, throwing a kick out at the warning I was given, missing the one in front of me. I watched as it disappeared revealing two new additions to the party.

"Beau!" Loki appeared, covering me from behind.

"Thanks Loki." I said, standing up as I glanced at him. "You and Cana make sure everyone else stays safe, okay? I'll take care of them."

I watched as he nodded a look of unsureness appearing on his face. "Will you be okay?" He asked, clearly doubting that I would be able to handle the two.

A smirk formed on my face. "Never doubt a Dragon Slayer." I walked forward my head up tall. "And never threaten a Dragons nest."

"I didn't think I'd see you, Flame Head." Meko said, stopping at the edge of the cliff.

"And I didn't think you would be stupid enough to attack my guild, Ice Freak." I snapped, fire appearing on my hands. "I didn't think we would be fighting again so soon, Red."

His body tensed as he looked at me with cold eyes.

"We just want Lucy." Meko said, looking past me and to my fighting guild mates. "So be a good Dragon Slayer and hand her over."

"You would be so willing to turn a friend over without a second thought. I thought you like her." I said, stopping a few feet from them.

"I do like her but its my guilds orders." Meko argued sending me a glare. "Of course I'm only taking part so that I can wipe the floor with you. I really couldn't care what happened to blondie."

I chuckled, rocking on the back of my heels. "And what about you Red? You only doing this because you was told to?" I asked, wondering just what his answer would be.

Red remained silent, giving nothing away. Shaking my head I tsked at the two.

"You caught me by surprise yesterday. I won't make the same mistake twice."