Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine

"You've gained weight." Delma said, struggling to stay in the air.

"You sound like Happy." I grumbled, wondering how I managed to lose in that battle. "It's not fair."

"You shouldn't have tried to do it alone."

I found myself dropping on top of someone a groan escaping them. "Did it have to be on me!" Gray growled.

I moved, feeling my self grow sick as the boat rocked. No words left me as my head fall onto his shoulder, knowing that he wouldn't be here if he also hadn't been hurt. Delma climb into my lap, pulling one of my arms to him.

"It seem more reasonable. I saw the others coming." Delma said.

"Aye. They're coming this way." Happy said.

I watched as Lucy and Juvia was placed into the boat. "Who did that to Lucy!" I shouted, switching between being sick and being filled with anger. "I'll hunt the person down and murder them!"

Moving, I went to exit the boat and go back to the large tower. No one was allowed to hurt Lucy. I should've been there to protect her and I wasn't.

Her injures were my fault.

"Beau!" Delma exclaimed.

A hand grabbed me before pulling me back onto the boat, causing it to rock worse. "Will you stop being an idiot. If you go back looking like that you'll just ended up getting worse injuries." Gray snapped, holding me back. "Seriously!"

Groaning, I nodded, my eyes closing so I wouldn't have to see how bad Lucy was injured. The others stepped in as well, finding a spot on the boat. Now we were just waiting for Natsu, Erza, and the male that had originally attacked Gray and I.

"We have to turn the boat around." Gray said, as we started to leave the island.

I nodded in agreement. We couldn't just leave without them.

"That ain't happening so clamp your mouth shut!" Blockhead snapped.

"Erza said to get as far away from the tower as we could." Happy joined in.

"We can't just leave her." I groaned out, opening my eyes to see Lucy and Juvia still across from me. "Erza and Natsu are still in there."

"Their stuck." Lucy mumbled, her brown eyes opening.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. I know it."

"They can't do it alone. Natsu needs me there to back him up." Gray argued.

"What he needs is someone else who can control fire, and not ice." I joined in. "I can lend him a hand still."

"Forget about it." Blockhead said once again. "Simon's with them. So I'm sure it'll work out."

"Well, it's not going to be dandy if they end up dead!" I snapped, guilt filling me.

I shouldn't have lost. If I had won then Erza wouldn't have came back. She wouldn't have gone ahead to face him alone and Natsu wouldn't have needed to go with her.

She would still be perfectly healthy.

"You don't need to yell like that!"

"We shouldn't be fighting you guys."

"Shut your pie hole and turn this boat around! I gotta go back for her."

"I'm with him!"

"I told you, that ain't happening."

"You guys, shut up!!" Happy shouted, finally turning around to face us. "Quit yelling at each other and just try to get along! I wanna go back to them to but we can't because the etherion is going to blast that place any minute. Natsu's going to save Erza and they're going to make it on back. Simon told me so. He said once Natsu's true power awakens even Jellal wouldn't be able to beat him."

We nodded and continued to move away in silence. I rested my head back onto Grays arm believing in Happy's words.

"It's heading straight for the tower!"

Screams rang out as water crashed into the boat, sending it crashing over and us into the water. They had fired Etherion and it had hit the tower, destroying it.

Juvia formed a water shield around us, stopping anyone from falling into the deep open water. The waves rocked it causing me to still grow slightly sick because of the movement.

"Natsu! Ezra!"

I knelled, water dripping from me, next to Lucy watching as the tower crumbled.

"Wh..what is that?" Juvia asked.

"The outside walls crumbled. Leaving some kind of crystal?" Gray answered, yet he sounded just as confused by it.

"They're okay, right? Natsu, and Erza, and that Simon guy?" Lucy asked.

They had to be okay.

"That's the R-system?"

"Yes, that's the true form of the R-system we built, got it."

"It's activating."

"Activating? You mean its resurrecting Zeref?"

"We don't know. We've never seen it operate."

"And now Natsu and Erza are trapped inside that thing."

Grinning, I looked at the group. "Natsu will demolish that crap and bring Erza back to us, otherwise he wouldn't be a fire Dragon Slayer." I said, not feeling as confident as my words sounded. "We won't lose because we have one of Fairy Tails strongest in there and Natsu fighting with her."

Erza had to be okay. She would make it through this and then we'd have a one on one conversation about towers and dark pasts. She owed me that much.

So she had to be fine.