Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I walked behind the group with my hands behind my head. "How's the scar, Princess?" I called out to Gray as a smirk played on my face.

We had successfully completed the S-Rank mission and was now returning back to the guild. Erza had shown up, agreeing to help us because of Gray will power and ability to stand up against her. Natsu used his brains for once, and Lucy was able to beat someone when all odds turned against her.

And well for me.... I learned how to rely more on others than before.

"What did I tell you about calling me princess!" Gray shouted as he sent a piece of his ice magic at me, causing me to laugh at him.

Erza, Natsu, Happy, and Lucy laughed as well as I caught his ice before melting it with my fire. "To keep on with it." I said as an innocent smile formed on my face.

He turned away from me as I laughed again. I had enjoyed teasing and messing with him as we started the mission.

Turning I knew we didn't have that much farther to go. Soon we would return to the guild and get told off about the mission. Still it had been a great learning experience.

I turned bouncing up to Lucy as I decided to leave Gray alone for a little. My smile wide as happiness bloomed inside of me. My mouth open as I was about to say something to the blonde haired female only for something completely different to come out.

"Red?" I stopped walking as I notice a male standing at the side of the road, a cloak thrown around his shoulders and a hood covering his head. "Red?"

I knew without a doubt that it was the male, just from his scent. Yet I didn't know why he would be here or what the meaning behind his sudden appearance meant.

Lucy hand fall on my shoulder. "Beau, are you coming?" She asked.

I tilted my head to the side before shaking Lucys hand off and walking towards the male.

"Beau?!" Erza yelled behind me.

I reached forward to see if my guess had been correct. I felt as he grabbed my wrist before I could, his grip was tight and strong.

I stared at him wondering what had happened. I tugged trying to pull my wrist free but failing at it.

"Let her go." Two voices said at the same time. "She just thought you was someone else. No harm in it." Gray continued.

I laughed rubbing the back of my neck as before I looked back at the group. "I'll catch up with you guys, ya?" I said, smiling at them.

Lucy had a worried look on her face as she stepped towards me. "But Beau do you even know this person?" She asked.

"Of course I do, Lu. I would know his scent anyway and his strength." I answered wondering how confidant I sounded. "Red wouldn't hurt me."

Lucy looked unconvinced that the male was Red. "We'll see you at the guild." Erza said than stopping this from prolonging. "Your friend is more than welcomed to come."

I watched as the group walked away, Natsu and Gray saying nothing. Shaking my head I felt as Red released my wrist when they disappeared from view. I looked towards the male with a curious expression.

"Why did you want to talk alone?" I asked, watching as he took of his hood. "They're my guild mates! You even know Lucy!" I said, my voice slightly raising as i felt confused.

"Do you like your new guild?" Red asked, surprising me that he was so willing to talking. "Would you do anything to protect them? Would you protect Lucy with your life?"

Would I do anything to protect them?

"Levvvvy." I drawled out her name causing the female to laugh. "Should should kick the two of them out and join my team!" I shouted a wide smile on my face.

"Hey!" Jet and Droy shouted together.

I laughed at their expression. "What? I'm just saying she would have more fun on a all girls team."

Do I really care that much about them?

"They did what!" I shouted jumping from my seat. "And you did try to stop it either!" I sent an accusing glare towards Laxus.

"Go after them, Laxus. You're the only one that can stop Natsu." Master ordered as he looked worried.

I watched as Laxus rejected the offer. He wasn't willing to stop Natsu and Lucy from making such a mistake. How did this male ever beat me.

"Im offended Master." Gray said as she slammed a hand on the table. "I'll bring them back, no sweat."

Was Licy going to be okay?

"And I'll help seeing as our all and mighty 'strongest' member is to much of a whimp. Let's go Gray."

Would I risk my life for Lucy?

"Yes, I do like them. I would do anything to protect them even risk my life. The same for Lucy." I answered unsure why he wanted to know.

"You should find a different guild." Red said as he looked past me. "If you stay with them you'll get hurt."

Was he threatening me? Or warning me?

"No, I won't leave them. Give me a reason, Red. Tell me the dangers that I will face by remaining." I ordered, tears of anger building up.

"Me."

"What?"

I stumbled a step back feeling confused by his answer as a wave of danger emitted from him. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him. I never sensed such power from him.

"If you choose to remain in your guild and fight to protect Lucy then you will forfeit your life to me. We would have to fight." His expression changed as he tone got cold.

Was this really Red? The same male that I had known in my younger years? The same male that I was able to read so easily once before?

"Why? Why are you doing this!? Why do you want Lucy?" I shouted.

Why did it come down to this?

"Move, Beau. I don't want to fight you."

Why is life so cruel.

"I won't. If you want Lucy than you'll have to get past me first. Even if you manage that, she's surrounded by three other guild mates. It won't be easy." I shifted my weight as I matched his tone, feeling a crack in my heart.