Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I stared at the request board wondering which job I would go on and who would accompany me on it. My eyes slid over different ones but nothing called for a lot of battle. Lucy stood next to me as she decided as well on what job she should take.

"Search for a magic bracelet." 250,00 Jewels. "Magic release of cursed cane." 170,00 Jewels. "Fortune telling love with astrology." 3000 Jewels. "Haunting a volcano demon!" 200,00 Jewels.

A sigh escaped my as I looked away from the request board. "There's so many to choose but who would be willing to go with me." I mumbled as I looked to see what members in the guild was still around and which of them I knew.

Natsu and Happy.... Next.

Gray..... Next.

Lucy... Maybe but I don't know if she would be up for it.

Cana... Drinks too much.

Loki.... Pass.

Elfmen... Says man to much.

"Geeze I had no idea that wizarding jobs were so vary." Lucy said as she continued to look at the request board.

"If you find anything that interests you, let me know since master's not here right now." Mira called out to me and Lucy. "So I'm covering for him."

"Huh? Oh yeah, you're right." Lucy said as she notice that Master wasn't sitting in his usually spot.

"He has to attend his regular meeting, so he'll be out for a while." Mira said, as she smiled at the two of us.

"Regular meeting?" I asked, as I moved the spot that I had calmed as my own. "What for?"

"It's a meeting where guild masters from different provinces come to report about their guilds. It's different from the council meeting, but.. uhmmm... I guess it can be a bit confusing." Mira explained as she looked between me and Lucy. "Reedus, can I borrow your light pen, please."

"Oui." I turned spotting a male not sitting to far down from me as he held out a light pen for Mira.

A light pen was another magical item that wizards and non-wizards could use. You could right in the air with it to help show and/or explain things when you needed to. It's been awhile since I last seen one used.

"You couldn't have possible known the organizational chart of the mage world when you've just joined a guild, right?" Mira asked as she started to draw in the air.

"Yes," I said taking a sip from my drink.

"Really?" Mira asked as she sent me a look while she still continued to write.

"You know what she's talking about, Beau?" Lucy asked as well.

I turned smiling at my blonde haired female friend. "Of course. I do have a past you know." I said chuckling before shrugging my shoulders. "This information came in handy so I learned it."

"Well I'll still explain it for Lucy than." Mira said as Lucy nodded and looked at the diagram that was drawn. "The ten council members who have connection to the government hold the highest position in the mage world. They exist to protect the order in the mage world. They also try mages who commit crimes in the guilds."

I nodded as I listened to Mirajane explain to Lucy about the Guild Master council. A smirk playing on my face as I watched her explain it.

"Guild Masters are right underneath them. Their job is to smoothen communication between builds in every province and to notify their guild members about council decisions, as well as bring them together..." Mira continued to explain. "Well... It's quite a hard job to do."