Chapter 5

I slept pretty good that night. And then the next morning I got to my classes on time.

I couldn't text Taemin back right away, that's weird. I have to wait a while...

I waited all day.

By the time it was night out again, I'd pushed it all so far to the back of my mind that I didn't even know what I wanted to say to him!

And the first text after something like that is important... 

Oh jesus what do I say to that?!

The coffee shop where we met. Where I jumped on his bike... 

Like a teenage girl, I started giggling wildly

Like a teenage girl, I started giggling wildly. Aeish! I liked this guy already!

This would either be a disaster or the best thing I've ever done...

Two hours.

In two hours I did my hair, brushed my teeth, picked out clothes, put on shoes, realised my clothes looked way too formal for a coffee date, picked out new clothes, redid my hair, and managed to only be late to my date by 5 minutes.

He was already sitting in the very far corner of the small shop. Maybe he didn't want to be recognised.

"Hello Hyung," I said, sitting down.

Taemin smiled shyly. "You know what to call me Jimin-ah." He said.

I felt myself blush.

"I ordered you coffee, but since I don't know what you like, you can get something else if you want." He says.

I shrugged, "I'm fine with this."

I started sipping nervously at whatever he'd gotten me, and decided that I actually kinda liked it.

Taemin was staring at me across the circular table and drinking too.

"So you're 27..." I say.

"That's right." He smiled cutely, like he was surprised I remembered.

"And I'm assuming since I'm here, gay?" I whispered awkwardly.

Not sure why I asked...

"Bisexual actually." He muttered.

Oh, that's why I asked.

"And you're in college." He proceeds to say.

"Is that all you know about me? Yikes." I smile.

Taemin smiles back.

"Are you wearing your pink underwear today Jimin-ah? Should I check?" He laughs, reaching under the table and grabbing my knee.

I blush and pull away-

"Yah! Stop it," I say, getting some stares from people.

Taemin immediately sits back.

"Oppa why do you treat me like I'm a child?" I mumble across the table.

"Because you're tiny and adorable." He says quickly like that should be obvious.

"But I-"

"Oh," he smiles. "You called me Oppa finally."

I stammer, "Sorry I didn't mean-"

"No no, it's as it should be little one." He smirks at my nervousness.

I frown.

"What else should I know about you Park Jimin?" He asks.

"What do you want to know?"

He thinks about this for a minute, and I suddenly find myself helplessly starting at his face.

His eyes were beautiful, and his skin was pale and clear, but it was his lips that were really striking. They did this pouty thing when he was thinking that was incredibly seductive...

"Everything." Taemin says. "I want to know everything."

Surprised by that, I started getting awkward again, but then he spun into a conversation about his time in college, and how he started his career in modeling. I noticed he kept his voice down when he spoke about that.

Then he sat back again and said, "What about you?"

I found it much easier to talk now. I'm sure he meant for that to happen.

"My sister moved abroad with my parents so she could work and also take care of them." I said.

"And you stayed in Seoul to follow your dreams?"

"Sort of," I smile.

"Me too." He says. "People think modeling is a selfish and poor career choice, but I think of it like acting. It's just acting."

"Well you're really good at it."

Taemin blushes. "For some reason it makes me shy to know you've seen my photos." He says.

I was taken aback once again. This man could go from flirty to nervous around me in seconds and I never knew which one it would be until he spoke...

It made everything I said, so much more important.

"I haven't seen all your photos." I reassured him.

He seemed to relax a bit.

I took another drink and felt his eyes on me the entire time.
"Jimin-ah, I'm glad I met you." He says.

I blink, choking a little. "Oh? Why?"
"You make me wonder about the future."

I swallow. What brought all this on?
Taemin breathes in shyly and smiles again. "Sorry, I feel different around you."

"I feel short around you."

Taemin laughs. "You are short little one." He says again.

I kick his foot under the table and he grins.

My heart flipped. Wow, I liked his smile. A lot.

We talked a little longer, then he said he had to go.

I walked with him outside and down the street, breathing in the fresh air and liking how he walked slower with me.

Damn these short legs.

"I'll call you next time-" I started to say.

But before I knew what was happening, Taemin bent down and kissed my cheek quickly.

I gasped. "Oppa?!"

Something flickered in his eyes like he recognised this.

Then he blushed, and walked away.

I stood there, completely confused, and totally glowing from the inside out.