Chapter 43

I didn't go back to sleep that night.

There was no way I could.

Was I ever really one of those people that got so set on something, then wouldn't let it go? I think I'd changed a lot....

I never used to be like this.

And yet, this was me. And I knew now what I wanted. More than anything.

I wanted it more than I wanted to continue living. For some reason this made sense too.

And yeah, I wanted it more than I was afraid of Taemin Oppa being angry at me for running away again.

I'd leave a note this time.

I'd have a slight head start. He'd be okay.

I got back up as soon as I was sure he was asleep, my heart aching a little at leaving him, and lying about it. But I needed this.

I stuffed some clothes in my backpack, and some money, then found the boxes from Taemin's closet that he'd shipped here a few weeks ago.

We still hadn't found a place for them in the new house, so they were in the living room.

I shuffled through them, until I found the address book that he'd shown me one night after we'd spent the whole day playing games on our phones and me asking him questions about being a vampire....

"This, Jimin," he said that day, showing me the book. "Is all the known vampire families."

"In the world?" I'd asked, surprised.

He nods. "Yes. If something ever happens to me, contact one of them instead of my family. Vampire deaths are unique, there are special ways you need to bury us that only our kind knows."

I remember hoping I'd never have to use this book...

And now here I was.

I flipped through it, and my heart raced when I found the American Vampire Families section.

The closest one was in San Diego. And they were a fairly big one. 30 of them.

My heart thudded in my chest as I took the keys to the car and got in.

Could I really face that many vampires, and then ask them what I wanted to ask?

I wasn't sure...

But I needed to try.

Even if Taemin wouldn't turn me, I still knew I needed to be turned.

Someone else would have to help me.

I shivered again, turning on the heater in the car as I put the address into the GPS system and started down the empty highway.

I tried not to think about what Taemin would think when he woke up and read my note...

Maybe he was awake now.

My heart ached.

This is for the best...

I need to be this. I need it.

And I don't even really know why, but it makes more sense than anything in my life.

Since him.

It took me a little less than 2 hours to get there, and by then, the sun was slowly starting to rise.

I wondered if it was rude of me to barge in like this so early, but then I realised that they're vampires, and they're probably used to being up late.