Chapter 39

Something needed to change...

My life was getting interesting now, and I was damn excited.

Taemin was back. For good. And last week I'd signed with that record label and we were starting to produce my second EP. I was writing songs left and right, and also spending as much time as I could with Taemin and my family.

I remember a few days ago when I'd introduced them to each other...

As I suspected, Taemin charmed all of them. Especially my mother. I think she thought he was cute, and she'd be right. Jenny was a little hesitant at first about me getting back together with Taemin (and us moving in together) since she remembered how sad I'd been when I'd left him, but all Taemin had to do was hold my hand and smile at her. Jenny was sold.

Everything was changing.

And it was good. And I felt like it needed to be documented somehow, or marked.

I had the perfect idea!

A few hours later, after showering for the fourth time to get the dye out, I stared at the mirror.

Ooh. The black hair made my skin look paler, and my eyes darker.

I looked hot.

I couldn't stop smiling at my reflection, wondering what Taemin would say when he saw me tonight.

Surprise!

We matched now, I laughed awkwardly at myself.

Taemin and I were moving today.

As I stepped out of the bathroom and into my room in my parent's and Jenny's house, I smiled when I saw all the boxes.

All my crap that I was about to put in our new house.

I was shocked at how easily Taemin had found one for us to live in, but he just kissed me mischievously and muttered, "Connections, babe."

My mom had also given me a box of our old Christmas decorations, like tree ornaments and stuff, to bring to our house.

It was three days until December 25th. What a great time to be moving, I know. But at least there was no snow yet. Last thing Taemin and I needed was ice on the road while we were trying to drive back and forth from here to our new place, as well as the airport, where Taemin's stuff had been shipped a few days ago.

Life was getting real. Finally.

I loved how I was already thinking about things like weather restrictions, and Christmas decorations. I'd gone domestic.

I got a little dressed up tonight. For him, of course.

A nice black shirt that complimented my hair....

A few hours later when I heard his car pull up, I started getting nervous.

What if Taemin didn't like it?

Uh oh. What do I do-

A knock at the door.

And suddenly, I was too excited to see him to worry about what I looked like.

I smiled shyly at him when I opened the door.

Taemin smiled, then he noticed my hair and his smile turned into a wide grin.

My heart raced.

His eyes sparkled as he stared at me.

"You look hot." He says, chuckling.

I bite my lip. "I know."

Taemin leans down, grinning, to kiss me once, then steps inside.

He was so tall... grr....