Chapter 17

TIM POV: It's New Years Eve, and I have to go to a promotional party. I managed to work it so Faith could come with me, because I refused to go any other way. Leaving the girls on a holiday, my last new years with them, makes me feel like absolute and utter shit. I just want to be with them, but my manager swears this will get enough profit from record sales to keep Faith and the girls financally secure after I'm gone. That way Faith can take time off, or even quit if she wanted to. Although, I doubt she'll stop singing completely.

"You look stunning." I say, watch Faith walk down the stairs in a white gown. Her hair is down, cascading over her shoulders. She smiles at me as she hits the bottom step.

"You're not to bad yourself." She says, giving me a kiss. The girls all run up to us as we turn for the door.

"Can we get hugs?" Audrey says, wrapping around my leg. I smile and lift her up. She wraps her arms tightly around my neck. I put her down and give Gracie and Maggie a hug. They all hug Faith too as we leave. We get in the car and pull out of the driveway.

"I don't want to do this." I say. Fauth looks over at me.

"It'll be fine."

"Why couldn't we just stay home with the girls?" I complain. She laughs.

"You love them so much."

"I do"

"That's good." She says, smiling over at me. "Let's just make this a date night, you know, like the one's we used to do when they were little."

"We never wanted to leave them unless it was required." I laugh.

"I guess that still stands."

"I don't think I would've spent my life with any other woman." I say, looking over at her. She leans her head against the seat and laughs.

"I hope so!"

We pull into the parking garage, and I quickly run around Faith's side to open the door before she does. She always opens it before I get there, saying she's independent and snickering. This time, I beat her.

"Damnit." She says, looking at my noticible grin.

"A thank you would be apprechiated." I laugh.

"That's cool." She says, looking through her clutch. I make a playful frown. She smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you baby." She says. I smile.

"Your welcome." I say, as we walk into the building. Immediantly, people are handing us drinks. Faith denies every single one she is offered. She gives me a look, signalling I should decline too. I decline, although I'm tempted to cave in.

"Tim!" My manager says with open arms, trying to hand me a drink. I look at Faith who is looking back with a testing look. He gets the deal, and starts to drink it himself. "So you have a performance at 11:45, and it's supposed to be televised. They are airing it VIA satelite to the Dick Clark new years eve or whatever the hell it is. Think you can handle it?" He says. I nod.

"Who else is going on?" I say looking at the stage which has another band's equiment on it.

"An up-and-comer. You coached her or whatever." He says. I look back over to see her.

Carrie's getting her wireless hooked up when she looks over at me. She smiles, until she see's Faith. My chest starts to tighten. The band begins to play and Carrie struts on stage, belting out a song she wrote.

"Why don't we go grab a table?" Faith says. I nod and we go to a table in the middle of the area. Faith orders a Sprite, while I get a water. I keep seeing waiter walk by with beers and whiskey, making me want it even more. Goddamnit. "She's good!" Faith says, smiling at me while sucking on her straw.