Chapter 28

TIM POV: Faith is having what seems to be a nightmare. I don't quite understand what's going on, till I see myself enter the room. She watches a younger version of her and I bicker about god knows what, ending with her crying. I remember this. We were arguing over if we wanted a third kid or not. Faith's fertility wasn't the best at that time, so we got frustrated towards each other. I wrongfully blamed her for not being able to have more children.

"I just don't want to lose you." The young Faith cries. I watch myself take a deep breath and swallow my pride. 

"You won't. I'm not going anywhere." I say, wrapping my arms around her. Current Faith rolls her eyes and walks away, cueing memory number 2.

We are curled up in bed, tangled in the sheets. She's beautiful. Her natural curls are cascading through the sunlight, as she smiles brightly down at me. I smile back and tuck her hair behind her ear. 

"You're so damn beautiful." I say. We must've been newlyweds at that point. We still didn't know a lot about each other. 

"Am I going to be enough?" She asks. I laugh. 

"What do you mean enough?" I say, pulling her in closely to me. 

"Like you won't ever look at other women, because I'm that great." She says, looking concerned. I stop laughing. 

"You are more than enough, Faith." I say. "Why would I look at anyone else when I have someone as incredible as you?" I cringe, and current Faith laughs. I fucked up big time.

Faith wakes up quickly. She catches a glimpse of her alarm clock, to realize she's late for her GMA interview. I sit up and take a deep breath. Time to prepare for the day ahead of me. 

"I'm so sorry! I over slept." She says, running downstairs to her makeup artist and hair stylist. I sit down on the counter and watch her get prettied up. Today is going to be hell for her. 

"Okay, so just seem polite and collected. No hateful words. Stick to the notecards." Her publicist says. Gary comes up and rubs her back. 

"Just relax okay?" He says. Faith takes a deep breath and nods. 

"Okay." The livestream begins. Robin Roberts is interviewing her. 

"Thank you so much Faith, for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with us." Robin says. Faith sits on our living room couch alone. She looks tiny on it. 

"Oh anytime." Faith paints on a smile. I can already see her lip twitch. She's going to be sobbing by the end of this interview. 

"So, unfortunately, you've been faced with some rumors with your ex-husband. Did you know about this estranged affair?" Robin asked politely. Faith takes a deep breath.

"No, I didn't." She says. "Now that all of this has came out, I could definitely see where this could be possible."

"How are your daughters taking this?" Robin asks.

"They actually do not know yet. So that's going to be a task." Faith says. I cup my chin with my hand and prop it up on the counter. "But I think regardless of this whole situation, Tim will always be their father. Even if this is all true, which I'm not at a place to say either way right now, the girls can't let themselves think that it impacts his love for them." That thought scares the hell out of me. I just pray that they give me the benefit of the doubt... 

"What do you think started this possible affair?" Robin asks. Stupidity, revenge, power... 

"We didn't always have the most perfect marriage, and while he suffered from Cancer we tried not to argue. I think that would frustrate him more than anything, so he could've gotten fed up and done it." She says. Gary starts to motion her to cut back, but she isn't paying attention. Shit...