Chapter 54

FAITH POV (THREE YEARS EARLIER): Tim hasn't woke up yet. I can only stare at him, and pray he wakes up. I'm angry with him... Betty gave me a letter Tim wrote for me, which led to a series of other letters. An affair was among many other confessions. A fucking letter... That's how he was going to tell me?

My arm hurts like a bitch. If he does wake up, he owes me big time. I've now just been allowed to take the sling off. My upperarm is all black and blue. I have to keep the wound covered with gauze, but besides that, I'm supposed to live. They've released me from the hospital almost two days after I was put in. All my sympathy for Tim has vanished. He's not on my good list at the moment.

I feel played. A second affair? Of course, he couldn't just do another sorority girl in Dallas. He had to go and bang a national star. I feel sick. Why can't I ever be enough for anyone?

Kendricks took out Tim's tumor. He said that if he wakes up, he'll likely live like normal again. Of course, normal will be him in an apartment, while he see's girls on a court decided visitation schedule. I already have the papers.

"Hey Faith." Kendricks says as I walk into his office. I sit down and begin to break. "What's wrong?" He says coming around and grabbing my hand.

"He had an affair." I say. Kendricks is taken aback.

"What?"

"Tim had an affair. Or another affair, my bad." I say. I feel my distress overflow. Kendricks wraps his arms around me for a moment.

"Shit, Faith. I'm sorry." He says, wiping me tears.

"It's fine. God, I've been nothing but forgiving and loyal to him." I say. He nods.

"I know." He says. "You deserve better." Kendricks looks like he has a motive. I stand up, inches away from Kendricks. He places his hand along my jaw and moves in. He kisses me, quickly and passionately. My breath is taken away as he pulls away slowly. I've never felt like that before.

"Wow." I manage to say.

"I'm sorry..." He starts.

"Don't be." I say, moving in for another.

Betty has come to visit Tim today, so I sit in the room with her. Kendricks walks in, not expecting another person. He's holding two cups of coffee, presumabley, one for me. He jumps when he realizes Betty.

"Oh hey! I didn't know you were coming in today." He says, giving me a shocked look.

"I figured I'd stop by. How's he looking?" She asks. He sighs. He hasn't talked much about Tim's condition to me, but I mean, it'd be weird if he did, to be honest.

"To be blant with you Mrs McGraw, I'm not so sure that he's going to wake up. He's been through so much trauma as is. I don't think he can survive off of a ventilator." He says. I feel saddened by his words. But maybe this was supposed to happen. Maybe I'm supposed to just move on. I'm scared of being alone...

"Do you really think he's not going to wake up?" I ask John and I pull the covers over my bare skin. He turns towards me and shrugs.

"It's not looking in his favor right now." He says. I nod slowly and begin to think of the next steps.

"We should let him go." I say. He nods.

"According to his will, you have to wait at least a month after filing to let him go." He informs me. I turn and lay on my back.

"I just want this to be over already." I say. "I'm sick of waiting on him hand and foot."