Chapter 20

FAITH POV: It's been about a week after we came home from our accidents. I'm fine, just a little concussion. Tim on the other hand, has been getting a lot of seizures. Kendricks says that it's a result of the tumor and his stress levels. There's not much we can do to prevent it. He just kind of starts to struggle talking, then hits the ground, shaking uncontrollably. It freaks out the girls, and Tim. I have to remain calm. Kendricks gave me an injection that would help loosen Tim's muscles when he does stiffen up. 

Tim's starting to show signs of the mental affects. He's been putting his keys in the fridge, and milk in his medicine cabinet upstairs... I try not to embarrass him over it, because he gets extremely frustrated with himself. He's also gotten lost a record amount of times, to the point that if he doesn't have the GPS, he is not allow to go out without me. It frustrates him. He got lost on the way to drop off the girls at school. They were an hour late. Gracie had to give him directions. 

"Honey, do you know where you put my keys?" I ask him, running late to my quarterly meeting. He looks up from his cereal and points to my purse. "Thank you." I say grabbing my bag and heading out the door, giving him a kiss before I leave. I get to the car and dig for my keys, which don't seem to be in there. I throw my purse in through the open window of the car and run back in the house. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks. 

"Oh nothing." I say, trying not to embarrass him. I open the fridge, nothing. I open the pantry, nothing. 

"Check the dishwasher..." He says with a sad look on his face. I do as he says, and surely enough they are sitting in the silverware section. "Goddammit!" He says smacking the counter. 

"It's okay babe." I say, giving him a kiss. He tenses his jaw as I run back out the door, an hour late.

I get home early and exhausted. The girls should be home. 

"Honey," I say, calling for Tim who's in our room. 

"Yeah?" He says, looking up from his notebook. 

"Did you pick up the girls?" I ask. 

"It's only 12." He says. 

"Baby, it's four." I say. Tim looks around for a clock, then at his watch.

"But I just checked...."

"Honey, I'm telling you it's four o'clock." I say. "I'm going to pick them up now, okay?" I sound frustrated, which is wrong of me. He can't help it. 

I pull up to the girl's school and find them sitting in the office. 

"Did dad forget?" Gracie asks as we walk to the car. 

"It's not his fault honey."

"I know." She says getting in the back seat. 

I get home to find Tim sitting on the edge of our bed with his head in his hands. He's mumbling something to himself. 

"Tim?" I ask. He ignores me. I go over and put my hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump a bit. "Honey, what's wrong?"

"I can't remember..." He says. He looks like he's been crying. 

"Can't remember what?" I ask, sitting down next to him and rubbing his back. 

"Their names." 

"Whose names?" I ask. 

"Those girls." He says. My heart sinks. 

"Our daughters?" He nods sadly. My mouth is open from shock, as he starts to cry. I grab his hand. "It's going to be alright honey." I say.