Chapter 34

TIM POV: "Like when?" I argue. 

"You just wrecked my car!" She says. "You cheated on me, you drank in front of the kids, you ignored your father in his dying days, you promised your mother you would stop drinking then continued to drink. I can't name one person you've been close with who can say you've never hurt them." I try to think back to who I haven't hurt. She has a point. 

"Stop, Faith." I say. 

"You're a lot more like Tug than you think." She says quietly. Hearing her say those words makes me want to physically hurt her. 

"No, hold on." I say. "That's the biggest piece of bullshit I've ever heard." I yell. 

"What, that you hurt everyone around you and are self destructive?" She says. 

"I never just abandoned my kids." I say. 

"No, you didn't." She admits. "But you did fuck a younger woman while you should've been spending time with your kids. You obviously valued your 'personal' time like Tug did." She says. I cringe. 

"Why do you always resort to the Tug insults?" I say, blowing her off. 

"Because you always picture him as this big, bad guy, but he is just like you." She says. 

"Okay, do we need to talk about how you always give up on anything that actually matters?" I say. She rolls her eyes. 

"Like what?" She yells. 

"Our marriage, your degree, finding your mom, having another baby..." I list. She tenses her jaw. 

"Don't you dare use what happened between me and her against me." She says. "And we both know why we couldn't have another baby." 

"Oh really?" I test. 

"Yeah really." 

"Okay, well then, why couldn't we?" 

"Because you were drinking and cheating. You were also becoming almost sterile. We weren't having sex anymore, and honestly, we probably would've been divorced by now." She says. I think for a second. 

"I was only drinking because you weren't talking to me, and I was cheating because you wouldn't fucking have sex." I scream. "There, I said it. I cheated because you weren't sleeping with me."

"I wasn't sleeping with you because you were getting drunk off your ass and coming home, trying to get in my pants!" She yells. 

"I mean after I would sober up. You never had sex with me." I say. "You have to have sex to have a baby Faith. You were the one who cut that wish short. That still is you giving up." I link the conversation back to the real question. 

"I wasn't going to have another child with a fucking drunk!" She screams. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should become a drug addict and you would be a lot more understanding." I shout. Faith's jaw drops, but I don't feel bad. 

"Screw you. I'm done. Leave me the hell alone." She says, quickly evacuating the room.

Faith hasn't talked to me in a week. I'm so bored when she ignores me. It's not like I can do anything. Now, I'm beginning to get a little pissed off that she's just tuning me out like this. She grabs herself a mug out of the cabinet and starts the coffee maker. I unplug the coffee maker as she goes up to get the girls ready for school. I know I'm acting like a five year old, but there's nothing left for me to do. I just sit here and watch. 

She comes down about twenty minutes later to see me sitting on the counter, next to the coffee pot. She looks at the empty pot, before looking at me. Then she heads back upstairs. She's on the phone. I run upstairs to hear her talking to Kendricks.