Chapter 22

FAITH POV: Tim's been around more lately, which is a blessing. The girls could use all the time they can get with him nowadays. He's been writing a lot, and when I ask what he's writing, he quickly hides it. I can never manage to find what he's writing once he leaves his office. 

Tim is taking me out tonight. I can't help but feel selfish when I spend time with him. I've spent far more time with him than the girls have...

"You ready?" Tim asks running in the room. He's wearing a white button down dress shirt and a pair of jeans. I look down at my white sundress, flip flops, and curly brown hair.

"Am I under dressed?" I ask, pulling the sides of my sundress out. He shakes his head and smiles. 

"Not at all." He says. "You look stunning." He puts his arm around my waist and guides me downstairs to the garage. We get in the pick-up truck Tim has been working on in his spare time. He wants to give it to Gracie when she turns 16. 

"So where are we going?" I ask, as he pulls out the truck. The leather feels warm to the touch. It's an unusually warm March day, my favorite kind of days. 

"It's a surprise." He teases, placing his hand on my upper thigh. I laugh at him. 

"Is it now?" I ask. "So you're taking me to the lake?" He laughs, then shakes his head. 

"Nope. It's somewhere new." He says. He looks over at me a few more times before collapsing at his own excitement. "I called in a favor from a friend, and managed to get us a weekend at a cabin in Gatlinburg. It's out at a lake, but there's mountains and barns. It just sounded perfect." He looks over for approval. I smile. 

"Sounds amazing." I say. 

We pull into the property, which was way more beautiful than what Tim descibed. The log cabin has an old wooden barn behind it, which houses a few boats according to Tim. The lake spits infront of the house, reflecting the sunsrays directly through the front windows.

"Wow..." Is all I manage to work out as we drop our bags in the front room. Tim packed my bag while I was getting ready so it wouldn't ruin the surprise, which also worries me. "Can we go out-" I begin to say pointing to the lake impatiently, like a kid on vacation. 

"Let's get settled first." He laughs. He grabs my bag for me, in addition to his own, and drags it upstairs. The master is gorgeous, with large windows facing the lake in the front, and the barn in the back. There's a large fireplace at the foot of the bed, that sits infront of a bathroom with a tub large enough to fit four. 

"This is nicer than our house..." I say, still amazed. "What friend lent you this place?" I say, looking at the pitched ceiling.

"Let's just say-" He starts. "I'm getting a lot of sympathy." He smiles. I laugh. 

"Damn right." I say, opening my bag. I'm surprised to see a few days worth of clothes. "How long are we staying here?" I ask. 

"However long you want." Tim says, coming up behind me and kissing my shoulder. I smile. 

"Don't say that." I say, laughing a little bit. 

"Why not?"

"Because I'll never leave." I say, turning to face him. I give him loving eyes as he smiles back at me. 

"I have a little bit of a treat." He says, brushing back my hair. 

"And that is?" I ask, slipping off my flipflops. 

"First, are you comfy?" He asks, looking at my clothes. I nod. "Okay, well then, follow me." He says, holding out his hand. I take it and let him lead me downstairs. We head out to the barn, barefoot. He pulls out red wine and two glasses. Part of me wants to scold him, but this isn't the binge-like drinking he used to do. He leads me upstairs, where a blanket is set out on the wooden floor. There's hay bales behind us, as I sit down. He opens the wooden door, revealing a breathtaking view of the lake and mountains. 

"This is beautiful." I say, as he sits beside me, pouring me a glass of wine. 

"That's what I thought you'd say." He says. He hands me a glass, then wraps his arm around me.