Chapter 38 (Two years later)

FAITH POV: I open my eyes and immediately get a wave of feeling in my body. 

"I'm sick." I say to Michael who is reading beside me. 

"You sound like shit." He says. I get up slowly and start slowly towards the bathroom. 

"Thanks." I can't breathe out of my nose. I sound like hell. 

"How's she feeling?" He asks, sitting up slowly. I place my hands on my belly. 

"She's angry." I say, sounding like I'm holding my nose. I go into the bathroom and start to pee. Michael talks to me through the open door. He brushes his teeth while I relieve myself. 

"She kicking?" He asks, smiling at me. I slouch over, as I wash my hands. 

"She better be a damn soccer player..." I start. He laughs, wrapping his arms around me and placing his fingers on my belly. He makes sure not to place them too hard, yet his touch is warm and firm. I feel safe... 

"I love you so much." He says, his warm breath hitting my neck. I smile and turn towards him. I give him a kiss. 

"I love you too." I say. He smiles at me. 

"Have you thought anymore about names?" He asks. I shake my head. 

"There's so much to think about, you know?" I say. He nods. 

"Audrey says we should name her Emma." He says, walking back into the bedroom. I follow him. 

"We named the last baby Emily." I say softly. He looks up at me with sad eyes. 

"She said that it could honor her, in a way." Michael elaborates. I nod and bite my lip. 

"We still have a lot to think about." I say. 

"We sure do!" He says, sounding suddenly peppy. "Like..... what color am I painting the nursery?" He asks. 

"A very light purple." I answer. 

"Wow! You've decided that quickly?" He asks. I give him a look. 

"I read in a magazine that it's nice and soothing and should help her sleep." I explain. He nods. He looks at the alarm clock and widens his eyes. 

"Holy shit! I'm so late..." He says, quickly putting on clothes. Before I know it he's fully dressed and out the door, leaving me with a kiss on the cheek and an "I love you".

It's 7 o'clock, and Michael should be home. I can't help but let my mind run to the worst case scenario. Everyone I've loved like Michael has died. Maybe it's me... Maybe I'm like a curse against all men. 

Finally Michael enters through the front door, to see me in almost tears. 

"Baby, what wrong?" He says, dropping his bags and going to hug me. 

"I was worried... I thought something happened." I explain. He hushes me and holds me close. 

"It's okay. I just got held up at work, alright?" He says. I nod and wipe my eyes. "How 'bout we order Chinese food and rent a movie? I'm so worn out from work right now, that I could use some chill time." He says, going to find a phone. I laugh a little. 

"That sounds good." I say, tears still in my eyes. I spot something sticking out of his bag. While he's on the phone, I grab it to see it's a printed off email. I read what it says. 

Hey Mike! It's Carrie. I'm really love the direction this album's going in. I was thinking that we could maybe get a drink and write some more of the tracks that we're missing. I'll be down at The Stage tonight. Hope to see you there ;) -Carrebear.