Chapter 36 (Five years later)

TIM POV: It's New Years eve, and the girls are all off doing god knows what. Gracie's at a party, and not just a girl party... Maggie's bowling with friends, and Audrey is sleeping over with some of her friends. Faith has been forced by the label to host a huge New Years party at the house. She's wearing a short black dress that hugs her curves. She looks gorgeous. She's letting her hair go back to her natural light brown, so it shimmers gold in the light. A drunk man next to me sets his beer halfway on the counter while he flirts. I push it back so it doesn't fall, taking my eyes off of Faith for only a moment. 

"You wanna make out at midnight?" The drunk man says to a young girl. I roll my eyes and try not to puke. 

"Sure." She says, unenthused. 

"Only ten minutes till 2012." Faith says taking a deep breath. Gary's with her, as usual. 

"New year, new start." Gary says. I roll my eyes, yet again. Faith glances quickly at me and shoots a small smile, before looking back to Gary. "I have someone I want you to meet." Gary says, grinning. 

"I told you that I'm not looking to date again, Gar." Faith reminds him. 

"Just humor me!" He laughs. Faith rolls her eyes and lets Gary drag her through the crowd gathered in the family room. He walks her over towards Brad Paisley. 

"Hell no!" I roar laughing. Faith tries hard to ignore me, but she's laugh a little. Gary veers in a different direction, leading her to a different guy. He takes her over to Eric Church. I hate him... 

"Faith, this is my friend Eric." Gary says. Eric shakes her hand. 

"Yo." He says coolly. Faith widens her eyes and smiles a fake smile. 

"Nice to meet you, but I really have to fix the kitchen." She makes up an excuse to get away from him. He smiles and salutes her. Gary follows Faith. 

"So is that a no?" He asks. 

"Gar, I have children. They need a father, not a guy who... I don't know. Acts like he doesn't give a shit." Faith says. Gary nods. 

"Fine." He says, making a fake frown. I spot a guy in the room who's perfect. I grin as I contemplate a way to get them to meet. He walks over to the kitchen to grab a bit of food. I place the drunk mans beer behind his elbow. Faith is standing in the splash zone. He moves back his elbow, and surely enough... 

"Shit! I'm sorry." He says, grabbing napkins. 

"No, it's fine!" She says reassuring him. Her whole left side is soaked with crap beer. I smile as he stops and looks into her eyes for a second. 

"I'm Michael." He says, holding out his hand. 

"I'm Faith." She laughs, grabbing some napkins. 

"I can pay you for the dress..." he starts. 

"It's fine! This dress can just go in the washer, nothing fancy." She says. He smiles at her.

"I feel like shit..." He says. 

"Don't! Really, it's fine." She says, while he wipes the beer off the floor. Faith pats the wet spot on her dress. "This is not anywhere near as bad as what my kids have done to my clothes." 

"Ha." He laughs. "Like what?" 

"Magic markers and nail polish all over my red carpet gowns." She explains. He cringes. 

"Oooh. That's bad." He says. Faith laughs. 

"Yeah, I was pretty mad." She says, smiling bright. I haven't seen her smile like that in years.