Newsies Preference #1

How you meet

Jack: You met at Medda's theatre, it was your first time performing that night and Jack thought you were absolutely incredible. So he planned to greet you backstage.

"Oh (Y/N), you were amazing up there!" Medda greeted you with a bear hug, once you stepped off stage. "Thank you Miss Medda, you taught me everything I needed to know." You mummbled into the hug. "I gotta hop on stage in a minute. I'll see you later sweetie." Medda released you from the hug.

You sat at a bench backstage waiting for Medda. You saw a figure come up to your seat, it made you look up because it didn't match Medda's figure. "Hi." It greeted you. "Hello." You smiled back.

"You was great up there, I's gotta say, Medda taught you good." The figure came into the light and you saw he was a newsboy wearing a blue shirt with a dark grey vest, his features were stunning, brown hair, greening eyes and a jawline that cut a person.

"Thank you, but I suppose I don't know you?" You said. "The name's Jack Kelly." He stuck his hand out. "(Y/N) (L/N)." You gladly shook it, a small smile forming on your lips.

Davey: You met through his sister Sarah. You two were bestfriends and she took the chance to introduce you to him. The two of you were walking back to her house since you two had a project you needed to finish. You arrived at her house, it was nice to say the least. Sure it wasn't very big but it suited the Jacobs.

Sarah saw his brother over the living room reading a book. "David! I'd like you to meet someone." She yelled into the seemingly empty house.

"Who is it?" He stood up, going near you two. "Okay, so David, meet my friend (Y/N)." He looked at you and a smile plastered his face. "Hi." You awkwardly wave, examining his features. They weren't extraordinary but they were cute, you thought. Sarah stood there, proud of what she'd done, she knew that look on your face when you like someone.

"(Y/N)! The project." She snapped you out of your train of thought. What has David Jacobs do to you?

Crutchie: You have known him for forever! Ever since you and your brother Jack had been tossed into the refuge, the two of you met him there. Being a kid around 12, he already had a crutch, you found out the reason later in your friendship.

Now you were 16, and you were the only girl newsie, or what they'd call you. A girlsie. You and Crutchie have been friends for almost 4 years, you never thought you'd see him as more than that.

Race: You met Race when he found you terrified in a dark alley. He had just sold his last pape and he was on his way back at the Lodging House, when he came past a dark alley and heard faint cries.

He thought his mind was playing tricks on him again. So he decided to investigate what was happening. He found you huddled over the corner, embracing your knees to your chest. You were shaking and tears were streaming down your face. He knelt down on the ground to your height. You tried to scoot away from him, but you saw his beautiful blue orbs, you saw he was concerned, and he would not take advantage of your state.

"Hey, why youse cryin?" He asked, in a gentle tone. You couldn't respond, instead you continued crying. "Hey hey, the name's Racetrack. Youse can call me Race." He introduced himself, trying to calm you down. And you did, tears streaming down your face were lessened and your breathing was getting even.

"I-I'm (Y/N)..." You stuttered out. "Okay then (Y/N), whadya say, I's help ya?" You nodded and stood up slowly, clutching your sides. "So tell me what happened. Why's were you there?" He asked softly. "My folks threw me out. I-I didn't know why." You looked down, tears threatening to fall.

"They's made the biggest mistake doin' dat. How about I's take ya' ta' the Newsboys' Lodging House? Youse can be comfortable there." He offered, looking down at you. "Thank you." You whispered out.

Spot: You met him, when you were taking a stroll at the Brooklyn Bridge. He saw you walking near his turf and he approached you. "What's you doin' here sweet cheeks?" He asked, you roll you eyes and continued walking in response. "Hey! I's just jokin'!" He called out.

"What do you want?" You sassed him, turning around. "Isn't it obvious?" He sassed back. "Yes, it's obvious that you only want my attention and my time. And quite frankly I don't like it." You snap at him, you clench your jaw so hard, you thought it was gonna break your teeth.

"Huh, tough girl is you?" He laughed which made you more annoyed. "The name's Spot Conlon. The King of Brooklyn." He said proudly. "Oh are you? Great! Go tell someone who cares." You commented sarcastically. You start to walk further into Brooklyn when you hear him shout again. "I's didn't even get your name!" You roll your eyes and shouted back. "(Y/N) (L/N)!" Then you continued walking.

First chapter done! Sorry if this was a little rough, it's my first time writing preferences, hope you still enjoy though!

Love y'all

-Shelly♡