Romeo » Waitress

This chapter was requested by @newsies_fan123 Hope you enjoy!

(Y/N), the new young waitress at Jacobi's Deli. She was very out-spoken, if you get in her way she can cut you with words and if you really bother her, better expect a black eye sooner or later.

On the other hand, Romeo, a charismatic, flirtatious young newsie. He was very flirtatious, if he had the chance, he'd even flirt with a tree. He wasn't much of a fighter, in fact he would want no trouble as much as possible.

Anyways.

It was an early summer's day in Manhattan and it was (Y/N)'s first day at Jacobi's. "Just remember (Y/N), around this time, the newsies usually stay here." He warned her. (Y/N) gave him a slight nod and prepared the glasses of water.

Soon enough, a bunch of rowdy boys came in the deli, disturbing almost everybody inside. (Y/N) walked over and gave each one of them a glass of water. "New goil' ain't ya'?" Mush asked her. "First day actually." She politely smiled.

"Ya' better get ta' this face ." Romeo stood up pointing to himself. "Yeah... Okay." She said walking away.

"Youse crushed Romeo!" Race yelled and patted his shoulders playfully. "Just you wait Racer, just youse wait." He said.

This weird cycle kept on going, the newsies staying at Jacobi's, (Y/N) serving them their water, Romeo aimlessly flirting with her then gets crushed with her witty comebacks.

Despite his attempts, (Y/N) was actually enjoying his flirtiness. She liked his charming ways of swooning a girl, though she would push him away with her witty comebacks.

Soon enough, Romeo started coming in the deli just by himself. Usually he was with Finch or JoJo, but this time he was alone.

"Heya (Y/N)." He greeted her quietly as she handed him his glass of water, slightly confused. "Hi Romeo. Question though, why're you alone?" She asked.

"I's just wanted youse all by myself." The teenager smirked which made (Y/N)'s eyes roll. "I asked you a proper question now would you give me a proper answer." She crossed her arms infront of her chest. "I's just did." He mocked her.

"You know if you're just here to annoy me I think you need to leave after you finish that drink." She grew more and more irritated. "Geez, I's sorry okay?" She nodded and strutted off behind the counter.

That day went by in a flash as the next day rolled along. The same thing happened again, but this time Romeo had bruises and cuts all over himself. (Y/N) grew worried, though she didn't show it. "What happened to you?" She asked handing him his water. "Snyder happened, while we's were tossin' 'round the papes, Wiesel called Snyder and the Bulls and beat us inta' a pulp." He explained.

"Come with me, we need to get you cleaned up." She put her arms around his shoulders and led him to their back room.

"Okay just sit there and I'll clean you up." She instructed as she got the first aid kit. "Why youse doin' this anyway?" He asked as (Y/N) dabs a clean, damp towel on his cuts. "I'm not an asshole you know?" She laughed as she continued to clean him up.

(Y/N) then proceeded to rub an ointment at some of his cuts that weren't deep. He winced at some parts as she subconsciously mutters 'sorry'.

"There, you're good to go." She smiled at him. Then she realized, this was the time. She could show how she really feels, she knew in her heart and mind that she doesn't hate this flirttatious boy infront of her. In fact she kinda likes him.

"Oh wait I missed a spot." She said then stole a quick kiss on the lips from Romeo.

He sat there in shock, still not comprehending what she'd just done to him. (Y/N) kissed him. He was staring at her, his jaw slightly dropped and said something no person could understand.

"Huh? I-I t-thi-- dz-- wha-?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Shut it will you." She laughed and helped him to stand up. The two exited the back room and bud their farewells.

"I think you better go, the boys might be waiting." She said. "I-I's should g-go." He managed to stutter out. "Also tell the boys what I did." She laughed. Romeo started to walk away as (Y/N) waved goodbye to him.

I guess the two didn't plan on someone like each other.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading another chapter! Also if you'd like to, feel free to request! Oh and if you'd like to talk or whatevs, just dm me and I'll respond as quickly as I can. (though I live in Asia so different timezones and such.)

Love y'all

-Shelly♡