Dear Evan Hansen Preference #2

How he tells you he likes you

Evan: You were in your room when you heard your phone's notification.

Unknown number: Hey (Y/N)! This is Evan by the way. Jared gave me your phone number because he said we should hang out more.

You were smiling like an idiot when he texted you but at the same time you kinda hated Jared for giving him your phone number without asking. Evan on the other hand was constantly typing and erasing on what he was going to text. His screen was moist at how much his palms were sweating.

You: Oh hi! Yeah we totally should! Still kinda hate Jared for not asking me but it's all good :)

Evan on the other line fidgeted with the hem of his shirt, not knowing what to say next. Unlike him, you had the guts to ask.

You: We can hang out after school if you want? I don't have much to do!

Evan: Yeah I'd like to!

You were all set. You were meeting with Evan Hansen tomorrow after school. You didn't know why but you were excited, there was a reason, but you yourself didn't know the reason.

The next day came along quickly and classes ended within a snap.

You went out into the parking lot where you and Evan planned to meet. You saw him at one side with no one else talking to him since Jared has went home.

“Hey Evan!” You ran towards him, he was a little startled. “Oh h-hi (Y/N). So where are w-we off to?” He asked, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. “We can go to the park? But no climbing trees.” You warned. He nodded his head and walked together, side by side, to the nearest park from your school.

Both of you arrived there after a few minutes of walking and talking. You sat at a bench and motioned him to do the same. He sat down next to you and began fumbling with his fingers again as he grew a slight shade of pink.

You caught onto this. “Ev? Why're you blushing?” You poked his cheeks and he grew even redder. “O-Oh it' u-u-uhm because I-I've n-never a-actually h-hung o-out with gi-irls a-and u-uhm you're r-really pretty...” He managed to stutter out. You gave him a puzzled look and proceeded tp analyze what he said. “Aw that's really sweet Ev. You're really pretty too.” You joked. “Seriously though, your physical attributes are so stunning. Do you even know that?” He shook his head no.

“I-I don't e-even understand w-why you're not r-r-running away from m-me right n-now.”

You shrugged. “Maybe it's because you're too sweet and caring to pass on.”

“Y-You really t-think that? A-And that's not o-out of pity r-right?”

You nodded your head.

“T-Thank y-you... AlsoIlikeyoualotandcan-wepleasegooutsometime?” He spoke out almost at lightspeed. But luckily, Jared does this when he tells you an embarrassing moment so you understood pretty quickly.

“Yes, Evan I would.” You smiled.

Connor: After a couple of weeks with being friends with Connor Murphy, you mentally thanked Evan for letting you meet him because by this point he was growing on you and vice versa. Both of you were still scared to admit you liked one another but fate always has its way.

Both of you were partnered in history to make a report about the newsboy strike of 1899 (^.^). You silently thanked your theatre teacher for introducing you to this certain musical, because now its a piece of cake.

After class you walked down the busy hallways to get to your locker. “Hey (Y/N)” Connor greeted, startling you a bit, because you didn't expect to see him then and there. “Hi Connor.” You smiled politely, getting out your math book for the next class.

“So uh, can you come over to my place, for y'know the project?” He asked. “Ofcourse, text me your address, I'll be there after classes.” You smiled, before heading off to class.

An hour of hell later, Math class was done and so was that school day. You heard your phone ding from a text message from Connor, he sent you his address and you strutted off to his house.

You arrived at the Murphy household after a few minutes of walking. You rang the doorbell and was greeted by a happy looking Mrs. Murphy. “Good afternoon Mrs. Murphy, is Connor here by any chance?” You politely asked. “Yes, he's right upstairs, oh and you can call me Cynthia honey.” She moved out of the way and let you in their house.

“Oh Connor's room is the second door on the right side.” She instructed. “Thank you Mrs. Mur-- Cynthia.” You smiled before heading upstairs.

You knocked at the second door to the right and waited for a few seconds. “Who is it!” Connor screamed. “Jack Kelly!” You called out. You heard  footsteps nearing the door and it opened revealing a slightly tire Connor in a half up, half down hairstyle.

“Ah Jack Kelly, it's good to see you.” He ran the joke along. “Shut up.” You punched his shoulders playfully and walked in his room, placing your bag on the floor.

You took out a few loose sheets of paper, your laptop and a few pens and pencils. “Shall we get started?” You asked, sitting down on the floor. He walked towards you and sat beside you. “Yep.” He popped the “p”.

Around forty-five minutes later you were half way done with the report. “Should we include that there's a musical written about it or is that too dumb?” You asked, looking up at him. “No, we can add that but not too many details because I know how crazy you get with musicals.”

He looked down at you. You're faces centimeters apart, the same thing appeared in your eyes. Love. It was clear to both of you but was scared.

You were brave enough to seal the gap between you two. Your lips touching each others', you made a mental note that Connor Murphy was a surprisingly good kisser. A few seconds later, you both pulled away.

“I know this seems like a dumb question but do you like me?” He asked.

“I think that sums up my response.”

Jared: (this is gonna be quick and sweet because it's Jared frickin' Kleinman^_^)

After a month being into a new school and being friends with Jared, he was kinda growing on you... Kinda was an understatement because it seems like you always get flustered when you're around him.

And what's even worse is that he's oblivious about it. Or so you thought...

One day you were doing usual school work at the library when Jared busts in disturbing a few other students but he slipped off getting shushed by the librarians. He walked up to you and sat across from you.

You noticed him smiling across from you and you can't help but notice. You look up from the stack of homework you have.

“Hi.” You spoke softly. “Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to y'know go out sometime?” He asked. Wow this guy has no shame, straight to the point. You thought.

“Ofcourse!” You said a little too loudly, making some heads turn.

“Great. Meet me at Lush tomorrow after school.” Knew it. You thought.