Newsies Preference #2

How he tells you he likes you

Jack: The two of you met again and again at Medda's theatre. Everytime you perform he was somehow there. He'd always greet you backstage and tell you how great you were up on that stage. You'd always smile and blush, but you try to suppress it, since you didn't he likes you like that as well.

At one night in the theatre, he asked you to come with him to meet “his boys”. You gladly accepted his offer and proceeded to leave the theatre with him.

“Hey boys!” Jack yelled into the Lodging House. “I's got someone you want ta' meet for a long time.” He commented.

“So she is a real poi'son” Race remarked, looking at you up and down. “Whadya say sweet cheeks? I's say let's ditch Jackie boy ovah' here and go with me.” You slightly laughed at how flirtatious he can be. “Nice try, Higgins.” You knew his name, only because Jack would talk senseless about his boys. This proves how much he loves them dearly.

The boys “oooooh” in response, you smirk to yourself, thinking how you managed to do that. Then Romeo walks over to you. “You see Race, (Y/N) here needs to be handled by a real man.” He pats his chest to seem like a tough boi. “You thought wrong, Romeo.” You didn't eve know his name, you just guessed because of the way he flirted with you.

“Quit it with ya' games.” Jack commented. He went up to his “penthouse in the sky”. He just wanted to spend a few minutes alone. He didn't know that you followed him up, so you kept quiet.

He stood near the railing, breathing in the cool New York air. “Jack?” You questioned, squeezing his shoulder. “Oh youse followed me up here.” He responded, staring blankly up in the night sky.

“It's really pretty up here.” You got lost in the millions of stars twinkling that night. “Not as pretty as you.” He commented, looking at you dead in the eye. You madly blush but luckily it was nighttime so he really couldn't see.

“Jack why'd you bring me here? I very sure it's not just because of those boys.” You stared him straight in his eyes. “I-I's really don't know. I-I thinks it's b-because I's nevah' fallen fo' a  goil' so hard before.”

“So what're you implying Mr. Kelly?” You teased. “I's just sayin' that I likes ya'.” He said truthfully. “And I never thought I'd be the one to do this but--” You grabbed his collar and pulled him down for a kiss.

“I like you too, Jack Kelly.” You laughed.

Davey: You and him were basically inseparable by this point. Everytime you weren't with Sarah or Les you were with Davey. You were at his house, he was tutoring you about math. Because let's face it Davey's very very smart.

“So 26 to third power, divided by 8 is?” He nudged you.

“My head is going to explode.” You rubbed your temples, trying to solve the problem.

“2,197?” You hesitantly asked. He nodded his head yes and you let out a relieved sigh. “Okay, next problem.” He looked at your paper. You let out a groan and protested. “I wanna talk a break...” You murmured out and went to the living room. You grabbed a History book and began reading the first chapter before Davey entered the room.

“A book about Lafayette?” He said grabbing your attention. “Yeah, history is my escape if you didn't know.” You responded, not taking your eyes off of the book.