Evan Hansen » New Friend

First day of school. Let's see how hellish this gets. I thought to myself. I got ready like the usual, change my clothes, fix my hair, eat breakfast, brush my teeth and out the door.

My school wasn't very far from my house so I decided to walk instead of using my car, because let's face it, I'm a lazy asshole and I don't want to park with effort.

I arrived after ten minutes of walking and immediately saw Jared's face. And if I see his face it means that I can see Connor and Zoe's too.

I walked up to them. "What's up losers!" I called out. The three jerked their heads in my direction. "Aye! How's my favorite asshole doing?" Jared asked, patting my shoulders.

"Living. Barely." I shrugged. "(Y/N), welcome back to hell" Zoe greeted me with a hug. I chuckled and returned the hug gratefully. "I like your the new hairstyle Con." I reached up and flipped his collarbone length hair. He just shrugged. Probably high or something.

The four of us heard the bell, signaling it was for first period. "Oh (Y/N)? Can we meet during lunch? I have someone I'd like you to meet." Jared asked while we walked inside. "Yeah sure." I shrugged and proceeded to walk into class.

« Lunch »

I did as Jared told me to. I met with him at lunch, you may be wondering where Zoe and Connor are, they don't have lunch the same time we do so it's just Jared and I.

I met with him at our usual spot, at the back corner of the cafeteria. As I was walking towards our spot, I saw Jared talking with a guy in a blue polo and khaki pants. I didn't see his features properly but he did have dirty blonde almost brown hair.

"Oh (Y/N) you're here!" He nearly exclaimed. I nodded my head once. "And if you're wondering who this is, this is Evan, a family friend as I like to call him." He pointed to him making him look up at me.

He gave me an awkward wave and if I'm not mistaken a slight blush on his cheeks. "Hi Evan." I stretched my hand out for a handshake which he gladly shook. "(Y-Y/N) right?" He stuttered. I nod my head sending a sweet smile in his way.

A few seconds we were shaking hands, I swear on my life, I saw Jared internally squealing. Now I know why he wanted to do this.

I let go of his hand and sat beside Jared, giving him a death glare, knowing what he's up to. "So uh Evan, tell me literally anything about yourself." I tried to start a conversation.

"Oh u-uhm, I'm a-also a senior, I-I work at Ellison State Park and not to brag but I'm kind o-of a tree expert now." He awkwardly laugh and it actually made me smile.

"That seems cool." You commented, it sent a blush through his cheeks.

"And w-what about you?" He asked.

"Okay, so uh I work at (workplace). I love doing theatre, it's possible that you've seen me in atleast one production. Not to brag but I've been in a lot." I mimicked his words.

"O-Oh yeah! I-I think I've seen you in u-uhm Into the Woods as Little Red right?" I nodded my head smiling.

The three of us heard the bell.

"So uhm Evan, here's my phone number. Call or text me if ever." I smiled and handed him a small piece of paper. If I'm not mistaken, I saw his face go a deep red. "Oh u-uh t-thanks. I-I will."

Then I stormed off to class.

« Back at home »

1 text from Unknown Number

Unknown number: Hello (Y/N), it's Evan

Me: Oh hi! You actually texted me!

Unknown number: Ofcourse I did. I wouldn't pass the opportunity :)

Me: Oh wait, I haven't added your contact, hold on.

Tree boi🌴added to contacts

Tree boi🌴: Tbh, I like it 😂

Me: I have that impression on people :)

Tree boi🌴: I agree with that.

Me: Sorry Evan, I gotta go, my mom is nagging me again😂. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?

Tree boi🌴: Ofcourse. See you.

For some reason, I am not annoyed by Jared's actions towards this anymore. I kinda have to thank him for it. Evan Hansen, what are you doing to my emotions.

Thank you for reading another chapter! It really means alot. See ya in the next chapter!

Love y'all

-Shelly♡