Emmett Forrest » In Unison

"(Y/N)! Love? Where are y-- oh! There you are!" Emmett exclaimed as he entered their medium sized blush pink apartment, courtesy from their best friend, Elle Woods.

"Yes, Emmett?" (Y/N) asked placing down her files on her study desk.

"I was wondering if you'd want to go out and take a break from your cases."

"Awww Emmett. Ofcourse I do. At what time do you plan?"

"Later, 8pm. Wear something semi-fancy m'kay?"

"I'm guessing I have call Elle in...."

Emmett nodded before disappearing yet again from their apartment. He pulled out his phone and quickly called his wing-woman. Elle.

"Emmett! What made you call?" Elle excitedly greeted him, almost blasting his ears. "I'm gonna do it tonight Elle." Emmett replied quietly, scared that (Y/N) might hear him.

"Do what? Are you breaking up with her? Emmett no! Please! You two a--"

"I'm actually proposing, Elle. No need to freak out."

"OH MY GOOODDDD!" Elle screamed on the other line. She was frantically running around her house in the East coast, screaming her lungs out excitedly.

"Calm down! Calm down!" Emmett scolded as he entered the elevator into the lobby to pick up the flowers he ordered. "Okay! I think I'm calming down now. WOOOO! That was a rush! But uhm congratulations in advance." She greeted.

"Thanks, Elle. You are one hell of a wing-woman." He replied before hanging up and quickly grabbing the flowers from the lobby.

(Y/N) on the other hand, did the same. As the badass independent woman that she is, she decided that she'd mix things up a bit and...

Propose to Emmett.

She called Elle for moral support knowing that they were both Delta Nus though (Y/N) was always the smartest of the bunch, now with Elle.

"(Y/N)? Hi!" Elle cheerfully greeted on the other line. "Hey, Elle. So uhm, I know this may sound weird but Emmett just asked me out to go to dinner and I think I'm gonna propose..." (Y/N) explained as calmly as she could.

"Oh wow! That is amazing! But--" Elle was about to tell her about the Emmett thing but she decided to keep her mouth shut being the great wing-woman that she is.

"But what?" (Y/N) asked, her suspicions growing. "But nothing! Congratulations in advance! Love you girl!"

As (Y/N) hung up the phone, she heard the doorknob twist and reveal her boyfriends holding a bouquet of beautifully arranged flowers.

"For you, my love." He handed her the bouquet. "Emmett, you didn't have to. But thank you." She greatfully smiled at her boyfriend before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Though, I have to get ready. Actually we have to get ready. You aren't wearing jeans there are you?"

He shook his head no. "Elle would not approve of that (Y/N)." He laughed at his own statement making her smile before disappearing in their shared bedroom.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

"How's this?" (Y/N) asked Elle, who she was facetiming at that moment. "Perfect. Now go and get your man." Elle winked before hanging up on her.

"You ready?" Emmett asked from the other side of the door. "Yup. Just a quick second." (Y/N) replied before stuffing the ring in her purse.

She came out of the bedroom wearing a simple yet elegant looking (F/C) dress with pumps and a few of her jewelry.

"Simple yet elegant. That's my girl." Emmett commented making her cheeks go a slight shade of pink.

"I see Elle taught you well, love." (Y/N) joked though it was true. He wouldn't have stepped up his fashion game if it weren't for Elle.

He chuckled. "Ready to go?" He asked, holding his arm out. She hummed, signaling that it was a yes, she softly grabbed his arm for support as they walked the halls of their apartment complex before arriving at their car.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

It was now around 9:30 at night as the couple walked into the beautiful garden section of the restaurant.

They happily stared at each other before one spoke up. "You know how much I love you right?" Emmett asked, secretly digging in his pocket for the velvet box.

"Yes. Quite frankly a lot." She smiled and quietly opened her purse and looked for the box she stuffed in earlier.

"That's why I-" the two said in unison and dropped on their knees together. Making each other laugh aloud.

"What are we thinking?" (Y/N) laughed, staying in her position. "This has to be a coincidence right?" Emmett laughed louder, not letting go of the box in his hand.

"Oh my God this is funny!" (Y/N) said before becoming more serious.

"Will you marry me?" The couple once again said in unison.

"Yes." They both replied to each other.

They both stood up and slid on their engagement rings.

"As funny as this is. I really do love you (Y/N) and I would spend my life with you and only you."

"I love you too, Emmett. More than I love food and that is saying something." She smiled looking down at her ring, shining in the moonlight.

He rested his hand on her chin, making her look up at him before smashing their lips in the most genuine kiss they've given to each other.

"Why don't we get dessert Mrs. Forest?"