Not really a "x Reader" but I thought it was 👌

(Y/N)'s POV

It's Christmas morning! I am beyond excited since this is my first Christmas with the boys.

So being more fortunate than the boys are financially, I decided to be a good person, almost like their Santa and buy them gifts.

“Good morning mom and dad!” I beamed as I came down the stairs of our house. “Someone's happy today” my father said, flipping through the morning newspaper. “Why wouldn't I be father! It's Christmas morning! Also it's my first one with the boys!” I said excitedly as we start eating our breakfast.

“Say, can I visit them after we eat and open gifts?” I asked, scarfing down the food as fast as possible so that I could see the boys quicker.

“Sure (Y/N), just be home before dark.” My mother nodded her head as we finished eating our food.

The three of us trotted of to the living room to open our gifts and such. Both my parents handed me mine, it wasn't very many but I was sure that they were more of a sentimental piece and such.

“Open it then darling.” My mother sweetly said as I began to unwrap them all. “Thank you so much!” I gave them both a warm hug for my gifts that were a necklace with my initials, new coat that was my favorite color, leather bound journal and a promise ring as my mother liked to call it.

Afterwards, I grabbed the bag that held all of the gifts for the boys as well as a separate one filled with treats that I was sure they'd enjoy.

“Goodbye mother! Father!” I yelled into our house before walking down the cold yet busy streets of Manhattan.

After walking for a couple of minutes, I finally reached the lodging house. I politely knocked at the front door and waited for an answer.

Soon enough, the door was opened by Jack Kelly, the presumed leader of the Manhattan newsies. “Hey (Y/N), what brings youse here this mornin'?” He asked, letting me in. “Jack Kelly it's Christmas! You can't expect me to not come around! Plus I came bearing gifts” I smiled before placing both of the bags at a table.

“Boys! I have gifts for you guys!” I yell into the seemingly empty house then a few beats later a crowd of boys came to the front of the house.

I unwrapped the first bag that consists of various treats like cookies, candies, corn on cobs, butter, bread and chicken. I saw the boys' eyes lit up and began taking what they like.

I hear them all mutter thank yous in my direction before sitting down on chairs and some on the floor with their friend.

Jack was still standing beside me with no food in his hands. “Jack why don't you take some?” I offered him. “Nah it's fine.” He shook his head.

“Please just take some. Do it for Crutchie.” I said. He finally gave in and took some and sat down with his boys.

“Can you call the attention of the boys, I have more for you guys.” I smile at Race as he proceeded to call the boys. They all turn their heads in our direction waiting for what was coming next.

“Merry Christmas! So in my tradition, it wouldn't be a real Christmas if there was no gift giving.” I opened the other bag with the various gifts for the boys.

“I'm going to start off with you Crutchie.” I handed him a weird object, but really it was a new Crutch! And since it was now the 19th century and technology was getting better, it was a foldable kind so it wouldn't take up much space.

I saw his eyes lit up and thanked me many times.

“Jack! I got you this!” I exclaimed before tossing him a new sketchbook along a new hat. “Thanks (Y/N)” he smiled. “Racerrrr!” I handed him a small box filled with what he's asking since he was a newsie, Havana cigars. I saw him run towards me and give me a bone crushing hug. “Thanks a bunch.” I swear he was fighting back tears.

Once he let go of me, I gave Albert and JoJo their gifts which were shoes with matching laces. I then hand Mush and Romeo their gifts which were new button down work shirts. Next, Specs, I gave him a thicc™ book to read since he was the intellectual one in the group.

Then Finch, a new slingshot with a rubber grip. Elmer, I gave him new work pants with suspenders. Lastly, Blink, Sniper and Skittery, I gave them each a watch though it wasn't gold.

They all said their thank yous and such and I am forever greatful to have them as my “brothers”.