Mathletes » Friends

(Y/N) (L/N), a new student at Northshore along with her best friend Cady Heron.

The two spent their childhood with their parents in Kenya learning about wildlife with one singular cellphone for the both of them. Now that they were seniors, things aren't the same when Cady started "befriending" the Plastics.

(Y/N) sometimes hangs out with Janis and Damian if Cady wasn't with them. Though she still prefers to either be with Cady or alone.

Until she met and joined the Mathletes.

You may think that Cady is the only one good and very advanced in Mathematics but (Y/N) is a literal math wizard, she can solve problems faster than Cady which is fairly impressive.

So that's what she did, she joined the Mathletes. Practically everybody was telling her that it was social suicide even those who weren't friends with her.

But she still said to herself to brush it off and sign up.

The next day, she was set to stay after school with Ms. Norbury and the three other guys to show them her skills.

"So what exactly do I do?" She asked their 12th grade calculus teacher.

"I'll just give you problems and solve them and if you want, you can have a mini quiz bee with the guys.".

"Sure." She nodded her head, preparing her pen and paper.

As she was writing down the first problem, the laughter of three boys can be heard busting through the door.

"Ayyeee Ms. Norbury who do have over there?" Kevin asks.

"That is (Y/N). She signed up to be a part of the Mathletes and as for her grades, she seems qualified. But we gotta do a quick test to see how quick she is." Ms. Norbury explained writing the problems on the whiteboard.

"Right. So does that mean we finally have a girl on the team?" Tyler asked his friends.

"Hell yeah do!" Kevin yells receiving a death glare of their teacher.

"Also she's pretty hot." Kevin whispered to the two before making his way towards (Y/N).

"Can I help you?" (Y/N) asked, not looking up from her paper.

"Yeah you could by going out with me tonight sweet pea."

"Yeahhh... That's a no." She bluntly replied before finishing up her paper and quickly stood up handing the paper to Ms. Norbury.

Kevin sat there dumbfounded muttering "Shit." under his breath.

"Why don't talk to the guys while I check your paper."

She gingerly nodded her head and made her way to Tyler and Marwan.

"Hi." She said in almost a whisper.

"Heyyyy.... Name's Marwan, sorry about Kevin there. He's just too straight forward y'know." He kindly explained.

"Yeah... H-He is very flirty let's just say that. I'm Tyler." He held his hand out for a handshake which (Y/N) gladly returned.

"Nice to meet you boys. Hopefully, I can join you guys once my papers get--"

"(Y/N)! Great job. Welcome to the Northshore Mathletes." As if on cue, they heard Ms. Norbury nearly scream that inside the classroom.

"You hear that?! We have a girl on the team!" Marwan cheered, high fiving (Y/N).

"I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah! We got practice." Tyler responded.

‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

"Negative one?" The Marymount competitor answered.

The host shook their head and pointed towards (Y/N). Remembering all of she learned that year. The answer popped in her head in a second.

"The limit does not exist." She anticipated for an answer.

"Our new state champions! The Northshore Mathletes!"

The group jumped and screamed out of happiness high-fiving each other as well as doing their complicated af handshake.

"We did it! We did it! We did it!" (Y/N) screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Okay, so mathletes on three." She annouunced.

"1, 2, 3 MATHLETES!" The four yelled in unison along with Ms. Norbury.

So that's how their friendship and bond began. Soon enough they were Math majors in college but (Y/N) decided to also take BioChem since she loves Science way too much to completely let it go.

This was her life now.

3 supportive, loud, hilarious, smart brothers who are with her no matter what.