Ben Tyler Cook » Rehearsals

(Y/N)'s life was going well so far, she was going to finish the Newsies Tour since she was Stephanie's replacement and she was about to start rehearsals tomorrow. She was beyond excited to close the National Tour of this amazing musical.

It was the next day and she practically leaped out of her bed and got her best outfit ready. The usual black stretchy leggings, a sports bra underneath her tank top and in her dance bag her jazz shoes and tap shoes. She left her hair down since Katherine's wig is not tied up during her dance number and wore minimal make up.

One last look in her mirror, she stepped out of the hotel the company was providing her during the tour and strolled through the streets to find the building the cast were in.

After a few minutes of walking she entered the building, went into the elevator and finally arrived in the rehearsal room.

(Y/N) greeted their director, Jeff Calhoun and asked her to settle her things and get ready before the rest of the cast arrives.

She did as she was told. So she set her things at one corner of the room and started to stretch and warm up her voice.

After a few minutes, she heard the director call out her name and he also got the attention of the whole cast. She walked over to him and listened. "So before we start, may I introduce to you (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). She will be our new Katherine until this tour closes." A few claps were heard from the crowd until Jeff spoke again. "(Y/N), I'll give you a few minutes to get to know the cast before we start." She nodded her head and awkwardly stood.

A group of boys walked in her direction.

"Hi, I'm Dan DeLuca, I play Jack Kelly"

"I'm Jacob Kemp, I play Davey Jacobs"

"I'm Zachary, or Zach Sayle, I play Crutchie"

"I'm Sky Flaherty, I play Albert"

"Hiya! I'm Josh Burrage, I play JoJo and Darcy!" (ofcourse Josh would be cheery as heck)

"Hi, I'm Jordan Samuels, I play Specs"

"H-Hi, m-my name's Ben, Ben Cook, I play Race."

She shook their hand individually, muttering a few 'Nice to meet you!' and 'I'm excited to work with you!'. "If you don't mind, we'll get going, the boys have to stretch." Dan said, patting their backs. "No ofcourse not! Go ahead!" She politely said. Dan nodded in a 'thank you' manner.

Ben's POV

Dan ushered us to a corner so we were out of ear shot from (Y/N).

"Dude, I know you like her already." Sky said out the blue. "Are you fucking serious? I just met her!" I whisper shouted.

"Ben I live with you, I know that look. Plus you stuttered! I know you do that when you're embarrassed or you like someone." Dan commented.

My feel my face heat up and I knew I was getting red. "I mean, look at him! He's getting red!" I hear Zachary say, making me glare at him.

"Why don't we do this as civilized people and leave Benny do what he wants to do." Jordan said. Finally I let out a relieved sigh.

"But you still have to ask her out." Sky pointed a finger at me. I playfully punched his shoulder and got out of the circle we were in.

(Y/N)'s POV

Meeting some of the boys was fun. They were really nice and I know for a fact really talented. But there was one of them that I couldn't forget. The buy named Ben.

I mean, not gonna lie, he was cute. Dirty blonde hair, striking blue eyes, small freckles on his face. Oh stop thinking about him! You just met him jeez. He doesn't even see you that way.

I was snapped from my train of thought when our director. "Okay! Seems like everyone is here. Let's start off with King of New York. (Y/N), our assistant choreographer will help you learn your parts." I nodded my head and start to lace my tap shoes on.

« Time Skip »

"Okay! Can we take it from the top. One last time and a 5, 6, 7, 8!" The choreographer called out. I counted in my head while doing my parts.

"Shuffle, shuffle, stomp and a 1,2,3 kick and Of New York!"

I smile to myself, I learned that in a day. "Hey (Y/N)!" I hear someone call out. And that someone was none other than Ben Cook.

"Oh hi!" I cheerfully smile. "I just wanna say, you were amazing!" He complimented. Hold on, he complimented me? Wait--

"Thank you! You were wonderful as well! I mean, with a cigar in your mouth the whole time?"

He laughed. C'mon, you can't tell me that, that's not cute. I mean that smile--

"Yeah... It was really uncomfortable at first. Oh! And one time the cigar flew out of my mouth during the show and it was terrible!"

"That sounds horrible! But I remember one time when I was doing Cinderella regionally, and there's a part where I have to turn a couple times then a quick change was suppose to happen? Yeah, it didn't happen. I hopped on the carriage still in the rags dress and had to finish the scene that way."

I shuddered at the horrific memory. I looked at the clock and it was getting late.

"Ben, I'm sorry but I have to go. It's getting late." I picked up my bag and started heading out the door. "Oh it's okay, I can walk you?" He offered. I gladly smiled and nodded my head.

Once we were in the elevator, he spoke up again.

"Hey uh, so uhm. How do I put this. I-I know w-we just met t-today but wouldyougooutwithme?" He spoke too fast.

"Excuse me? Could you repeat the last sentence?" I politely asked.

"Would you go out with me?" I see him wince at his own words. The elevator door opened and we stepped out.

"Yes, of course I would!" I happily chirped, a smile plastered on my face.

After a few seconds I see a group of boys hurdled behind a big plant at the lobby.

I hear them whisper.

"You owe me five bucks"

"Goddamnit he was braver than I thought"

"Hell yeah, you owe me a lot of bacon"

"Hey can you shut up?"

"Shhhh. They can hear us!"

I see Ben walk over to them. "YOU WERE HERE THIS WHOLE TIME?!" He practically yelled.

"Dammit Josh!" Sky scolded.

"You still owe me bacon." Josh sassed him.

This was horrible!!! I am so sorry.

Still, love y'all

-Shelly♡