Evan Hansen » Graduation

Told in second person POV the whole way!

Hope you enjoy

You just graduated at (fave college) majoring in musical theatre. You finally got your BFA and planned to move in with your boyfriend for 5 years, Evan Hansen. You two were highschool sweethearts and the universe seemed to be good and you two were perfect for each other.

"(Y/N)! I'm so proud of you!" Evan ran up to you lifting you off of your feet and spinning you around. "Thanks bub." You giggled as he set you down. "We're having dinner in celebration, and my parents said you could come." You beamed out off happiness. "If I'm not a bother, yes I'll come." He smiled. "Great! C'mon my parents are waiting by the car." You grabbed his hand and led him to where the family car was.

"Evan, nice to see you darling." Your mother said as she hugged him quickly. "Evan, nice seeing you again."
Your father shook his hand as he nodded reassuringly. "Mom, Evan said he can come to dinner." You smiled at your mom.

"That's fantastic! C'mon, your aunt should be waiting along with your cousin." She said. The four of you sat in the car, your dad being the driver, your mom in the passenger side while you and Evan are in the back.

About 20 minutes later, you arrived at your house. As you open the front door you were greeted by the scent of delicious food being put out by your aunt. Your cousin, Jared was waiting on the couch on his phone. "Congratulations (Y/N)!" Your aunt hugged you and you saw Jared stand up. "Congrats you dweeb." You did your weird handshake and replied with a "Thanks dork." You didn't cuss because family is around.

"Alright, dinner's ready!" Your aunt called out, the five of you ushered into the dining room and sat down. "Thank you aunt Jazzy." (please change it if that's your name!). "Anything for my favorite." She said. "I'm right here!" Jared yelled from the other side of the table, making everyone laugh.

You guys started eating after you said your prayers and thank you's. Dinner was very delicious, from the roasted chicken to the garlic bread, everything was very tasty. After all, Aunt Jazzy was a Culinary Arts graduate. You were very thankful, from your family to your boyfriend to your graduation, God and the universe was treating you very well.

Little did you know that it can get better.

After dinner, your aunt and cousin decided to leave after bidding farewell, your parents decided to stay up in their room to watch a movie. You and Evan were left in the entire house.

"So uh (Y/N)? Do you wanna go outside? It's still a bit early." Evan offered.

You checked the clock, 7:30pm. You nodded your head yes as he grabbed your hand and led you outside. He spotted a talk and thick tree near your neighborhood and invited you to climb. You accepted his offer and the both of you started to climb.

The two of you reached one of the thickest branches there is and he let you sat near the trunk. What a sweetheart.

"Have I told you how proud I am?" He asked. You slightly laughed and gave an answer. "Many, many times Evan." You rested your head on his shoulders as the both of you watched the stars twinkle.

"Well, have I told you how much I love you?" Evan asked.

"Evan, you've said that--"

You were shocked to see that he was holding an open velvet box with a beautiful ring inside

"(Y/N), you have been with me through thick and thin. You have seen me in my best and in my worst, the sides even my own mother hasn't even seen. You have been with me when I had my mental struggles. You showed me how to love, how to trust. You showed me that everyone can find hope in life. (Y/N) you have been my rock and the love of my life for 5 whole years...."

By now there was tears in your eyes threatening to fall.

"Will you make me the happiest Tree boi and be my wife." He smiled hopefully as tears were now dripping on your face.

"Yes! Yes! Evan! Oh my goodness!" You managed to yell out as he slid the ring on your finger.

"I love you so much." He cupped your face and placed a sweet kiss on your lips. "I love you too." You pulled apart, resting your foreheads together for a couple seconds.

"Evan this is absolutely beautiful!" You admired the ring as it sparkles through the moonlight. "It's just something that I thought could resemble you." He smiled.

"Aww you are too sweet." You kissed him on the cheeks as you stared up in the sky.

"Oh (Y/N)?"

"Hmm?" You hummed, signaling that you were listening.

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For everything since Senior year."