Joshua Burrage » Stay Hidden

So here's the thing.

Joshu Burrage, the one who plays JoJo and Darcy in the National Tour of Newsies likes (Y/N) (L/N), who is Hannah in the said production. This liking and/or admiration is very open, nearly all of the boys know about it but only Stephanie Styles is the only girlsie that knows about this tea.

(Y/N) on the other hand also likes Josh but is very hidden, only she knows it and it is very concealed. She would also say that she doesn't like him very much so even though on the inside she really wants to be with him and spend her time with him.

The situation with the two were normal at the time unil Josh started plotting something to confess his feeling towards her. (Y/N) was trying to convince herself that these feelings were nothing, but alas it didn't work.

After their first show in California, Josh asked Zach, (Y/N)'s best friend at the time to what he should do.

“Like... What do you think should I do so that I wouldn't come off as creepy or stalker-ish???” Josh questioned eagerly.

“I have no exact answer... But, she does like food a whole lot and she does not I repeat does not reject food being offered to her.”

“Anything else besides the obvious?”

“Uhmmm... She likes it when you don't trail off. She'd only get annoyed if you trail it off instead of saying it as bluntly as you can.”

“Okay... That's gonna be a little tough for me but I guess I'm gonna have to do it. Thanks Zach.”

“No problem, Josh.”

Zach, being the sneaky though seemingly innocent one of the whole cast, decided to nonchalantly ask (Y/N) about Josh.

“Hey can I talk to you for a sec?” He asked as she was tying her boots on for the second act.

“Yeah sure, we still got time to spare.”

“Okay, so what do you think about our cast?” He asked, since she was an addition not too long ago.

“I mean, you all are great not gonna lie. I kinda feel insecure sometimes because of the overwhelming talent that you guys have.”

“Aweee don't pull me into this. All I gotta do is pretend to have a bad leg then sing. But anyways though, anyone you like????” Zach slightly teased.

“Not really... But I kind of like? Semi-like? I don't know kind of like of Josh???” She muttered quietly hoping Zach would not catch on.

But he did. Though being a sneak, he pretended that he didn't hear.

“Oh too bad then. I was actually hoping there would be a secret showmance going on but...” The two chuckled before being interrupted by the 5 minute call.

“I guess I better go back to my dressing room.” By dressing room, Zach meant the boy's ensemble to check up on Josh.

“Bye. See you later! Break a leg just like Crutchie!”

After calmly closing the door, he jogged over to the guys' dressing room frantically finding Josh to tell him some news that were rather great.

“Hey. You have like 0 time to listen to me right now but I just gotta tell you that later is gonna be a success.” Then he jogged back to his dressing room to continue his make up.

Josh sat there, aimlessly thinking to what Zach had said. Then he remembered, tonight was the night that he was going to spit it out.

He breathed deeply before going to his place on stage just before the curtains went up.

Just after the show, (Y/N) was now in her street clothes, bare faced fixing her stuff to get back to their hotel when she heard a knock on her dressing room door.

She opened the white wooden door to be faced with Josh, a nervous look on his face.

“Josh hi!” She spoke cheerfully, careful not to let her hidden feelings take over her.

“I have something to tell you. I'm not even going to sugar coat it or anything.”

“Okay...”

“I like you. BYE!” He ran off into the hallway disappearing with seconds leaving a surprised yet confused (Y/N) behind.

So instead of chasing after him, she pulled out her phone and texted him.

Me
There was no need to run a while ago Josh. I like you very much too. It was just hidden in plain sight. If I could hug you right now I would. We can talk tomorrow if you'd like. See you♡♡♡