Chapter 24: His Brother

Tae wandered around the house the next day, searching for Jungkook but couldn't find him anywhere. He rubbed his stomach, wanting breakfast which was something that the younger always did for them even if he was going to work, and Tae cannot cook to save his life so instead of waking Jimin he just sat on the couch and pouted.

His attention then fell on the front door, and he slowly went up to it, turning the knob to see outside. He stood there for a few moments, not seeing Jungkook's car anywhere, and he still wanted to escape, but at this point, the only thing holding him back was Jimin. Taehyung kept standing in the doorway, looking at the trees, flowers, the clouds, and he soon saw a pretty woman walking her dog, and had a baby in a stroller which was his weakness.

"Can I see your baby?"

The woman smiled at him and nodded, and the shirtless Taehyung ran over to her smiling as he saw the child.

"She's so cute," he said, unable to take his eyes off the baby until he heard a car and he felt his heart sink to his feet.

He looked behind him, seeing the black Corvette parked a few houses down, and Tae gulped when he saw Jungkook in the drivers seat, staring directly at him.

"It was nice to meet you, thank you," the older said and ran back inside to get Jimin.

"Jimin, Jimin wake up! He's going to kill me!"

The older raised his head slowly, seeing his frantic friend locking his bedroom door.

"What did you do this time?"

"I went out front to see a baby."

"You left the house?"

"Only for a minute, why is his timing always perfect!"

"Tae-"

"Taehyung get down here!"

Both boys stopped, and Jimin got up, grabbing his friends arm.

"Cmon, I'll go with you."

"He's mad."

"He'll be more mad if you don't listen."

"I'm so scared Jimin, he's going to hurt me."

"Get down here, now!"

"Cmon TaeTae, he's getting more angry."

They both went downstairs and saw Jungkook standing by the couch, his arms crossed.

"Sit down," he demanded, and the two of them obeyed without hesitation.

"You know you aren't supposed to so much as even touch the door unless I give you permission."

Taehyung nodded, holding his his friends hand.

"I know, but I saw a baby and I wanted to see her."

"That's not an excuse. If I can't trust that you two will behave then I can't go to work. If I can't go to work, people will wonder where the hell I am, and if that happens, then they will come to check up on me and I would have to hide you two and I'm not going through that shit. That would be a pain in the ass."

"I know, but I don't see why you have to hide us to be honest. We're adults, you can just say that we moved in with you."

"You what Taehyung? I know that. But frankly, I can't trust you yet."

"I wasn't trying to leave."

"If Jimin wasn't here, I know you would have left. Tell me you wouldn't."

Tae looked down, shrugging his shoulders nervously.

"That's what I thought. If I only had you here, you'd be chained up while I was at work because I couldn't trust that you wouldn't leave Tae. Jimin, I do trust and he's the only reason why I let you have freedom around the house, because I know you wouldn't leave without him."

The room fell silent for a moment, but as Jimin opened his mouth to speak, someone knocked on the door and Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

"Get your ass upstairs. Jimin, you too."

They ran off, and the younger went to the door, seeing his brother, in a police uniform.

"Hyung, you're a cop?"

"Yeah, you didn't know that? I'm off my shift, let's hang out."

"Uh, ok. You can come in."

"Thanks. Nice place."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Do you still have that bunny from mom by the way?"

"Yeah, it's on my bed. I sleep with it every night."

"Cute."

"Are you hungry or anything?"

"No, I'm kind of irritated actually."

"About what?"

"All these people going missing, and all these suicides. It sucks because it's too coincidental that it's happening, I honestly think that it's someone doing them all."

Jungkook looked at his brother and his eyes began tearing up.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I'm going to tell the head of the department tomorrow and get some forensics on this because I'm the only one just about that thinks these are all murders."

"Hyung, don't."

"Why not? This girl, Miso texted her ex that she had a job opening somewhere so she moved, but she was never heard from again. These two young men apparently ran away together but their friends said neither of them were gay, and neither of them would leave without telling them and the note they wrote wasn't even in their handwriting. It's someone doing it Jungkook. Some psycho."

"So you're going to get investigators?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow morning I'll open up a case."

Jungkook looked down, feeling a tear fall down his cheek.

"Kook, you ok dude?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, what's wrong?"

"Hyung, I love you so much. You're the best brother in the world, I love you but I'm sorry."