Chapter 40: Flashback #1

*I cried writing this -.-

9 years ago; Jungkook age 13

The young boy sat on the living room floor, playing with his stuffed rabbit while he waited for his friend to stop by and pick him up to go get ice cream. There was an age difference between them, his friend being 4 years older but he took care of him like an older brother and Jungkook couldn't have asked for a better person to have in his life, but while he waited, his father came inside, report card in hand.

"Jungkook, what the hell is this, you dumbass!"

The boy looked up, his big eyes staring at his father.

"What's what?"

"You got a C in math! Damn you're an idiot, I thought I raised smart kids!"

The boy went back to playing, used to the degrading at this point but it only made his father more upset.

"Bitch, I'm talking to you!"

"It's getting hard dad, I'm trying though."

His father grabbed the rabbit from him, throwing it across the room and Jungkook's eyes teared up.

"Why did you do that? You hurt him, you could have broke his leg."

"You idiot, it's a toy. Toys don't feel anything."

Jungkook stood up, beginning to go over to where the rabbit landed, but his father grabbed his wrist and threw him into the wall, ignoring his little yelp of pain.

"You better have an A in math by the end of the month. If you don't, I'm burning that shitty thing that you that you think is alive."

"He's my friend dad," Jungkook cried, trying to get up again, but his father kicked him in the stomach, making him collapse completely.

"He's not alive you dumbass! It's a toy, grow up!"

"He makes me happy."

"You're 13 damn years old! Act like it!"

Jungkook cried harder, feeling the sharp pains in his rib cage as his father continued to kick him with his steel toe boots, over and over again. Seconds later, his sister arrived from school, but the moment she saw her little brother being hurt, she immediately ran over to him, getting between him and their father and held onto him, refusing to let their dad to kick him again, but in return he went and grabbed the bat.

"Move."

She shook her head, holding her brother tighter and pulled is head into her chest as she began to feel the her bones breaking with every swing their father made.

"Stop hitting her!" Jungkook screamed, trying to push her off, but she only held him tighter and kept kissing the top of his head, taking the pain.

"Noona, get off! He's hurting you, get off!"

"I love you," she cried, unable to hold her tears back as the bat continued to hit her over and over again.

"Dad stop! Please, stop hitting her! Hyung help, he's killing her!"

His brother, being drunk and passed out didn't hear anything, and Jungkook kept trying to get her off of him, knowing their dad would stop as soon as she let go, but she refused and held her brother, continuously repeating 'I love you' as if she knew she were about to die.

"Dad stop it!"

As he swung for a final time, it hit her in the temple and Jungkook felt her once tight grip that she had on him, go completely limp and their father simply walked out of the room.

"Noona? Noona, he's gone."

She weakly raised her eyes to his, her lids closing, then opening slowly, and he saw a stream of blood forming at the corner of her mouth, dripping down her chin.

"Kookie..."

He quickly wiped the blood away, and held onto her tightly, rocking her back and forth.

"Noona, stay awake. Stay awake, he's gone, it's ok."

"I love you...I love you so much."

"Don't talk like that, you're going to be ok. Yoongi will be here soon, he can take you to the hospital."

"Kookie...you're strong, don't forget that."

"No, no no no, don't close your eyes. I lost mom already, I can't lose you too."

"I love you bunny."

Her eyes fully closed, and he began shaking her as her breathing suddenly stopped.

"Noona? Noona, wake up, it's only 2:00, you can't sleep yet."

His friend finally arrived, and as he saw Jungkook sitting in the hallway, his sister in his arms, his heart completely stopped.

"Kook?"

"She's just sleeping, she'll wake up soon. It's ok Noona, sleep as long as you want, I'm right here," the boy said, his voice cracking as he held back his tears.

"Kookie, what happened?"

"She got tired."

Yoongi slowly walked over to him, and knelt down, gently raising the boy's head up to meet his eyes.

"Jungkook, I'm so sorry.

"She's not gone. I thought so too, but she can't be gone because I can't live without her hyung. She was just up late doing homework."

Yoongi's eyes teared up, and he went over to where Jungkook's rabbit was thrown, then took it over to the boy and sat next to him.

"Kookie, I know it's hard. But you can't be in denial, or else this will just become harder."

Jungkook began shaking, suddenly breaking down completely and he pulled his sister into a tight hug, shaking his head.

"No, no no no, Noona come back," he begged.

Her limp body hung in his arms, and Yoongi turned his head away, not able to watch.

"Yoongi, make her come back! It hurts, it hurts so bad!"

The older wrapped his arm around the young boy, sighing quietly.

"Kookie I can't, I'm so sorry."

"I hate him! Hyung why did he do this, he took my mom and now my sister!"

"Shh, calm down Jungkook, just breath ok?"

After several hours of Yoongi comforting the younger, the anger finally set in and Jungkook looked down at his sister, shaking his head slowly.

"Hyung?"

"Yes Kookie?"

"I hate my father."

"Me too."

"I'm going to kill him."

"You're just angry right now Jungkook."

"No, no I'm serious. I don't care if I rot in prison, I'm killing him."

Yoongi looked down at the younger, nodding his head slowly as he realized he wasn't joking.

"You can move in with me then. I got your back."

"Promise?"

"I promise."