Chapter 11: Getting The Ball Rolling.

The Deal

A month has passed since me and the boys made that deal to take down Mason's gang. Nothing has happened since then, the black spades had some important work to do so they have been in another country sorting whatever out.

I haven't seen them at all, Callum and Caleb call me at night to check up on me and Jace sends me messages but I don't hear anything from West. Mason hasn't made an appearance in college and neither has his gang.

It's just been me and Lily hanging out at my house or hers. At this rate, I'm never going to find out who killed Miles, but that's going to change from this day on.

Staring at the clock watching the minutes go by in class, tapping my pen against the table whilst the teacher speaks about the story we are reading at the moment.

I love English, obviously because I have chosen to study it, but today I just can't concentrate on anything.

Finally, the class had ended so I gather up all of my belongings and rush out of the classroom before I could get stuck behind anyone. Before I could make it to the entrance Lily jumped out in front of me.

"Jesus Lil, you almost gave me a heart attack" I brought my hand up to my chest till my breathing slowed down again.

"Don't be so dramatic Hope, anyway where are you off to in such a rush?" I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and positioned my bag into a more comfortable position on my shoulder.

"I need to speak to Mason, I'm getting nowhere with yano what and it's time I changed that. I need to get things in motion."

"Alright well let me know how things go when you get home, I still don't like you getting involved with all of this but it's for Miles so I'm gonna let you be." I was grateful for how supportive she's being.

I gave her a quick hug and walked out of the door.

Time to go and see Mason.

-------------------------------------------------

Finally, after half an hour of walking in the freezing cold with only my black playsuit on and my favourite converse, I made it to his house. Well, his gang house.

Walking towards his door I stood still taking a few deep breaths and letting it out. I knocked on his door a couple of times waiting for someone to answer. After a few minutes, I heard voices and footsteps coming closer.

Suddenly the door opened to reveal Timmy and Conner, they both looked surprised to see me stood here right now.

"Hey guys, is Mason here? I need to speak to him, it's urgent" I smiled at them hoping they would let me in soon.

I'm going to turn into a Popsicle soon.

"Erm hey Hope, come in and I'll go and call him for you" Conner spoke before disappearing down the hallway. I looked around noticing that much hasn't changed.

I looked over at Timmy and he looked a bit uncomfortable. "Timmy you don't have to be weird around me, what happened that night wasn't your fault" I whispered the last part to him.

I may hate Mason and Kyle but the rest of them were my friends, and back then I was close to Timmy. So was my brother at one point.

"I am so sorry Hope, we should have made him leave before he could have done anything. It got way out of hand and believe me he got what was coming to him." Before I could ask what he meant by that I heard Mason call me.

"Princess, what are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining. I haven't seen your beautiful face in a while."

I was so close to rolling my eyes but stopped myself.

Go along with it Hope, this is for your brother and the other guys. Suck it up and make him fall for you again.

"Hey Mason, I was wondering if we could speak." I noticed Kyle coming up from behind him, his face was covered in bruises, he had a bust lip and two black eyes. It also looks like someone has broken his nose. Now I know what Timmy meant.

"Alone if we can" I gave him a small smile hoping he would agree.

"Sure princess follow me." He turned around and started to walk away, so I follow him leaving the other boys behind but not before glaring at Kyle who was watching me intently. Mason led me to one of the back rooms where we used to spend a lot of time together whenever he brought me to the house.

I walked through the doorway and towards the large corner couch as he closed the door so no one could disturb us.

Okay, Hope now is your chance, do not mess this up.

Mason walked towards me slowly lifting one of his eyebrows. "Well I wasn't expecting you to show up, what's it been two years since you have been here?" He sat in the seat right next to me and turned slightly so he could look at me.

I looked into his eyes searching for the boy I once loved, trying to find a little spark to help me go through with this plan without making it so difficult. Sadly I couldn't see him.

So before I could back out I placed my hand over his making him stiffen but he relaxed just seconds after.

"I want us to try our relationship again, a fresh start forgetting about the past. I know I said a lot of hurtful things but I didn't mean any of it." To say he looked shocked was an understatement, he stood up quickly and walked towards the window just looking outside.

It was quiet for quite a while, no one spoke. So breaking the silence I stood up from the couch and made my way over to him.

As I reached him I placed my hand on his arm and turned him around till he was facing me. He looked deep into my eyes "Are you sure you want this? As you know I am the leader of this gang now, it can be dangerous." He brought both of his hands up to either side of my face and cupped my cheeks.

"I'm sure Mason, I think we should give us another chance" He smiled widely at me stroking his thumb against my cheek.

"I knew you would come back to me eventually, it was just a matter of time princess."

Wait till I kick your arse when this is all over.

He started to lean in for a kiss. Oh shit, I wasn't expecting this right now, deep breath Hope you can do this. Before his lips could reach mine a loud knock came from the door. I silently cheered in my head whilst he growled underneath his breath before yelling at the person to come in.

Oh great, it's Kyle."Sorry to interrupt but there's someone on the phone for you, it's urgent and Important that they speak to you now." I couldn't help but notice him glancing over at me a few times as he spoke to Mason.

"Right I'm on my way, can you please escort Hope to the front door whilst I deal with this." He demanded. Mason took hold of both of my hands "I'm sorry for the interruption but I have some business to deal with. I will call you later about planning our first date." He gave me a small wink and a kiss on the cheek before turning on his heal and leaving the room.

I walked over to Kyle and stood right in front of him. "I'm guessing Mason doesn't know about the stunt you tried to pull that night because you definitely wouldn't be standing right now" He took one step forward so he was a bit closer to me now.

"Well, what do you think you stupid bitch, I take it your back together with him then? Don't worry I'm sure we can have a little fun whilst he sleeps, baby." A shiver shot through my body, I have never been so repulsed by a human being before.

"Does your cheek hurt?"

"It's nothing I can't handle" As soon as the words left his mouth I hit him straight across the face.

"If you ever touch me again, it will be the last thing you ever fucking do."

"Is that a threat?"

"No darling that's a promise"

Then I walked out of the room leaving him behind with a proud smirk on my face.

Now let the games begin.

_______________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter guys, vote and comment.

Ciao! X