Chapter 14: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go.

The Deal

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the bedroom window. As I started to stretch, I heard some quiet snoring coming from the side of me.

I turned my head to the side to find West fast asleep next to me, his lips slightly parted and his hair stuck up in different directions. I couldn't help but smile, he looked so peaceful and not his angry usual self.

Then I just realized his arm was wrapped around my waist still. I started to wriggle a bit hoping that would make him change positions but it only made him hold on to me tighter.

My god this guy is strong, I really really have to pee.

So I poked his cheek.

"Erm West?" Absolutely nothing so I carried on poking him until he grunted.

"Hope its too early to start pissing me off, go back to sleep," He pulled me against his body like he did last night but this time my top slid up a little revealing my stomach, which he placed his hand on sending shivers up my body.

Okay if someone walked in on us now I would have so much explaining to do, if he doesn't let me go soon I'm going to wet the bed.

"West I really need to go to the toilet," I rushed out hoping he didn't fall back to sleep. After a few seconds, he removed his arm making me feel cold all of a sudden.

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Obviously shutting the door first.

After I had finished I walked back into the room to see West sat up rubbing his eyes. When he noticed that I had come back into the room he gave me a small smile which I rarely ever see.

Okay, I need to stop staring at him. He looks so cute in the morning though, he spends most of his time being nasty to me. This is the longest he has gone without insulting me or being his usual grumpy self.

"So how are you feeling this morning?" I cleared my throat and walked over to the bed and sat next to him.

"I'm okay, not the most excited about tonight. It's not every day you get bargained for." I turned to face him so I could see his reaction. He just kept staring into my eyes revealing no emotion.

"Please be honest with me, does Jace have a chance of winning this race?" I nervously played with my fingers waiting for his answer. I looked down knowing I'm not going to like at what he might have to say.

He places both of his hands on mine and started to rub his thumb on the back of them, making my nerves settle down.

"Listen to me, I'm not one to sugar coat things or even be nice to people cause that's just not me and you know that," I rolled my eyes but I made sure he couldn't see. He hates it when I do that.

"But Jace is a good racer, he wins most of the time but I can't give you an honest answer till I know which guy he has chosen to race against us," He placed his finger under my chin lifting my head up making me look at him.

"If they win and try to take you away, I will kill every single one of them till I get you back. No one messes with me and lives to tell the tale," My breath gets caught in my throat after hearing his threat, and he was being deadly serious.

His eyes looked murderous and showed so much determination.

"Now go and do whatever you need to do to get ready, and make sure you tell your little friend what's happening. I don't fancy her blowing up any of our phones again. God, she's annoying." He removed the covers and made his way to the door.