Chapter 23: My Demons.

The Deal

I finally made it home just in time before the rain poured down again. I changed out of my clothes and put on some shorts with one of Wests tops which still smelt like him.

I made myself some coffee and snuggled up on the couch with a blanket flicking through the tv channels. My phone started buzzing next to me, I peered down to see an unknown number had left me a message.

So I pick up my phone and open it up to see a picture of me sat down on the couch from a minute ago. I instantly sit up looking straight towards the window but no one was there. Then the doorbell goes off.

I start to panic because no one is here with me and I really don't want to be stabbed again. So I do the first thing that comes to mind, I dial Wests number. It rings a few times until he picks up.

"Hope are you okay? I'm in a meeting right now" I could hear him speak lowly, concern lacing his voice.

"No I'm not okay someone is outside my house, they just sent me a god damn picture of myself whilst I was sat on the couch" I quickly spoke before I heard the door again.

"I'm coming okay, just stay on the phone with me baby" I heard him moving around, swearing to himself.

Whoever was outside kept on knocking louder and louder till the door started shaking from the impact. Getting fed up with the noise I stood up from the couch moving slowly over to the door.

"Hope do not answer that door" My jaw dropped, how on earth did he know that's what I was about to do.

"I need to West, they are gonna end up breaking my bloody door down if I don't do it soon" I reached over towards the door handle taking a few deep breaths whilst my other hand held the phone against my ear.

"Please Hope, I don't think I can bear it if something happens to you and I'm not there to protect you" I knew he was worried but no one can be that stupid to do something in daylight can they?

Trying to ignore Wests pleads on the other end of my phone I turned the handle and opened the door to be pushed up against the wall with force, a hand to my throat whilst the other pins me down.

My phone drops to the floor after the struggle and I just hope he makes it on time. I open my eyes to see Mason glaring at me. He looks awful. Like he hasn't slept for days or even had a good shower.

The look on his face sends shivers down my spine, I've never seen him look so evil. The Mason I once knew was gone.

"We only have a few minutes before your dick of a boyfriend gets here, so no I can't hurt you. Yet" I gulped trying to look anywhere else but his eyes.

"Your brother deserved to die that night, your relationship was getting on my nerves. He was always by your fucking side. If you ask me the relationship wasn't normal." He spat.

I tried moving out of his grasp but he just held me tighter against the wall.

"That's not a good enough reason to murder someone you monster" I yelled back. 

"Well maybe this is a better reason, did you know that your precious brother was in line to be the next leader for the dragons gang?" I gasped at the secret he just revealed about Miles.

No, he's lying, I would know if my brother was involved in this kind of life. My dad didn't want anything to do with it to keep me and him out of it.

Tears threatened to leave my eyes.

"No I'm not lying, your brother was a killer too. He didn't deserve the title so I had to get rid of him"