Chapter 19: How Could You.

The Deal

I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now, all this time we thought we were playing Mason but instead he was playing us.

He was playing with me. He knows for a fact who killed Miles that night and he knows about my family's legacy. 

I have never hated someone so much. Well, apart from my mum but she's just a psychotic bitch.

I was just stood in my living room surrounded by my dad, Uncle, West, Caleb, Callum, Jace, and Ryan. No words would come out, I am never going to find out who murdered my brother, all this was for nothing.

"It wasn't for nothing freckles, I know we have a spy now so we have to be careful but you can't go anywhere near Mason now. He could do anything to you." His voice was low and calm.

I walked over to Callum and gave him a long hug burying my face in his chest, taking in his scent that I have grown to like. When he let go of me I couldn't help but notice West clench his Jaw and inhale through his nostrils.

Caleb then came forward looking over at me "Callum is right, Mason is capable of doing anything and even if he does love you that might not stop him from killing you for double crossing him."

I nodded because I knew it was true.

The person I once loved has become a monster. A cold-blooded killer. I know West does the same but that's what he was brought into, but he doesn't do it for his own entertainment like Mason does.

My hands start to shake out of anger and the pain I was in from the stabbing wasn't helping, I couldn't think clearly anymore. This has become such a mess, and on top of it, the nightshade is after me for a reason none of us know.

A hand gently touched my shoulder making me look back. Callum was giving me a sad smile whilst he reached down and took my hand into his.

A loud knock came from the front door causing everything to go silent apart from the heavy breathing flowing through the room. I let go of his hand and walked to the door with him trailing behind me, a hard look on his face.

When I opened the door slightly, I saw Mason stood there with an evil smirk plastered on his face. He places his hand on the door frame right next to my head leaning towards me a little but I didn't back away. I am tired of these games now, I want answers.

"What do you want Mason?" I ask flatly with no emotion on my face giving away nothing but my resentment towards him.

"Well is that any way to greet your boyfriend princess" I hear a quiet scoff behind me knowing Callum is already fed up with him.

Masons face turned into a scowl before raising his voice

"Let me in now or I will kill everyone you love, and you know I dont bluff" I clench my fist in anger. How dare he threaten me.

"Fuck you Mason" Before he could swing for me I was pulled back into a hard chest and another body stepped in front of me throwing a punch towards Masons face making his head swing back.

I could see Wests back muscles tense up, his shoulders moving up and down. You could literally see the steam coming off him he was that pissed off.

"If you want to live to see another day don't even think about touching her, cause I will make you suffer in ways even your fucked up mind can't imagine." West quickly looked over his shoulder to look at me to make sure I was okay.

"I always knew you had a thing for her Shaw, too bad she's a little whore who has kissed Caleb twice and also one of your best friends. Maybe she even fucked them"