chapter 1

Aura POV

I woke up from the irritating sound from my iPhone X which my dad gifted me on my twenty first birthday which was very grandly celebrated a week ago. I know it wasn't an alarm because I never have a bad habit of setting an alarm before I sleep . I grabbed my mobile from the bed side table and I opened my one sleepy eye to peck into the phone. It was Erica Smith , my one and only best friend. Actually we are like sister's irritating each other and standing for each other no matter what happens. I still remember how we fighted with the guy who misbehaved with Eric when we were eighteen.

I took the call only to hear her shouting on me from the other side of the phone.
"Don't tell me you are still sleeping?
How many times should I tell you not to read those cheesy romantic novels late night ?
Have you forgot about today's project submission?
Is your project ready?
Why aren't you talking you idiot ? " she almost shouted the last line with frustration.

"I .." I started but stopped as soon as she started shouting again in phone.
"Why are you silent, Answer me Aura! "

"Eric, just shut up and listen to me ". I said silencing her.

"I just woke up and don't worry I completed my project a few days back . " I said and heard a long breath of relief from her. Sometimes she just behaves like my mom.

"Good, then be ready, I will be in your home in twenty minutes to pick you to college ". She said.

"Meet you in twenty minutes Eric !"  I said and hung the call.

I quickly got off from the bed and rushed towards the washroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower . I dressed myself into a yellow sundress and matched it with my white cardigan. I packed my backpack and wore my white flats. Yes, I prefer flats over heels. It doesn't mean I don't wear them , I do , but to me flats are more comfortable than any heels as I feel like an Eiffel Tower with my 5'9 height.

I ran downstairs and entered our dining room only to find my dad busy with his newspaper , my mom busy in kitchen making breakfast , my cute little brother Jammie eating bread with his favorite jam spread all over his face and my little sister Elaina busy with her incomplete home work.

I sat on the chair opposite to Jammie and handed him a tissue to wipe his cute jam spreaded face and he gave me the cutest smile he ever gives.

"Hey dad, good morning!" I greeted him .

"Good morning princess !
Have you completed your project? "  He asked folding the newspaper and keeping it aside.

"Yup  ! I did it a few days back!" I replied proudly and my dad gave me a I'm very proud of you smile .

He will never forget anything about me. He never missed my important moments and days . He is the world's best dad anyone can have and I'm glad that I have him.
Actually he was my step dad. When my biological dad died , my mom was pregnant with me. It was  Mr. Christopher Johnson who helped my mom to cope up with her depression of my dad's death. I didn't believe that I wasn't his daughter when he said. When I was eight years old I asked him why our surnames differ why I am AURA RODRIGREZ and he is CRISTOPHER JOHNSON! Then he answered my question which shuck my world. Though is not my biological father he loves me more than anybody on this earth and I love him the same.

He was the first person in the world who took me in his arms when i was born. He always says that I'm the best thing that ever happened to him and I'm a blessing from the god for his good deeds.

He says that my birth strengthed the bond between my them and their relationship but I don't think so because they are already the best couple in the whole world which I know ! I doesn't say that they don't argue and they are perfect. Actually they argue 24/7 , but thank god none of them are serious . They argue on the most silly things like colors of curtains, flowers in the vase, color of my dad's tie and many more. Did I ever told you that my dad is obsessed with his tie 's. He has the best collection of them.