chapter 5

Aura POV

Today is the prom night and the university students are very busy in those preparations.

I returned home as the classes were cancelled as the staff were also busy in the preparations. I opened my favourite novel and started reading it. I had no idea when I dozed off to sleep but I startled woke up by the annoying bang on my bedroom door. I walked up to my door with closed eyes.
yes, I can do that and I do it every time as I don't want to miss even a minute of my peaceful sleep. I slowly opened the door and my eyes only to see Eric standing in front of me with all her stuff in her hands.

"why are you here ?" I asked still in my drowsy state totally forgetting why she was here.

"Aura , wake up!" She said beating my shoulders lightly to wake me up but I remained still with my closed eyes.

"I can't believe you are sleeping!
How can you forget that today is our prom night?
You may be the first girl on the earth who has forgotten her prom night and was sleeping like she hasn't slept from years!
Aren't you excited for the prom night?" She asked me placing her stuff on my bed.

"Don't over react Eric!
Of course I'm excited! " I said but frankly speaking I wasn't that exciting to go! Yes, I agree I was excited at the start but all my excitement got out of the window when my prom partner pulled that stunt on Mr. Amusing smile ,
Alvin ! I don't know why but there was something in his smile, his voice and his eyes that I couldn't forget him even though we met only for a matter of few minutes.

"What are thinking now? " She asked me waving her hand in front of my face.

"Nothing!" I replied brushing of his thoughts.

"It doesn't seem like nothing, it seemed like everything by the way you were smiling and blushing!
Have you met anyone special without my consent ? "She asked me excitedly.

"Special?" I questioned her raising my eyebrow .

"Yes, there will be only one special person in your life who is extremely special and makes you smile and blush like a crazy person." She said dreamily, I know she must have been dreaming about Andy by now!

"Then there wasn't going to be anyone!" I said rolling my eyes at her description of Mr. Special person .

"There will be Aura! Mark the words of your best friend !
By the way , what made you sleep like that?" She asked me raising her perfect left eyebrow.

"I was reading my favorite novel and I when dozed off I don't remember!" I said and now it's her turn to roll her eyes over me.

I don't know why girls are so excited for prom night, it comes every year and every year lot of single's change their relationship status to 'in relationship with !'

I showered and quickly dressed into the dress which I bought back when we went to shopping. Eric did my hair and helped me in doing my makeup which was very minimal according to Eric and was very heavy according to me. I was helping Eric in her hair and makeup when Andy called her to inform her that they could be here at any moment. After dressing up completely I looked myself in the mirror and I must say that I didn't recognize the women standing in front of me. Her long black dress which had a side slit exposing my left leg up to her thigh and the dress hugged her in a right places showing off her curves perfectly . Her waist length brown hair was made into a bun leaving long tendrils of her hair to fall on her face and neck. Her brown eyes are highlighted with the Smoky eyeshadows which were enough to make her look bold for today's night. It took more than two minutes to recognize that the women standing in front of me is non other that me! I added my pair of dangling diamond earrings and the matching black heels .