chapter 18

(The place I described in the chapter is in the above picture.)

Aura POV

I feared but I turned around to free my hand from that person who was catching my wrist tightly. My nerves instantly relaxed when I realised that the person was a old woman may be in her early eighties.

She smiled at me and immediately realised that she was the same old lady who gave me her phone to call Eric in the trail room of the shopping mall. I returned back her smile and asked,
"How are you and what are you doing here?
Do you live here? "

"I'm absolutely fine dear.
No, I don't live here and I swear no one can live in this freezing cold.
But this place is very close to my heart.
This is the place where my husband and me found when we came for trecking. We immediately fell in love with this place and after our marriage we spent all our romantic and most memorable moments of our life here." She said looking around with a beautiful smile.

"Wow! That's very sweet!
Your husband must be so understanding, caring and loving unlike others who only knows different and best ways to hurt and torture people. " I said looking at Mr. Protector who was now looking at me with his eyes narrowed.

"Yes, dear he is very sweet and the same time very naughty !" She said blushing.

"OMG! Her blush is something that I can't even explain. " Her blush excited me more to meet her husband.

"Where is your husband?" I asked looking back at the lady excitedly.

"Enjoying his bachelorhood in heaven dear." She replied with a sad face which immediately made me regret my words.

"I'm so sorry." I said feeling low.

"It's OK dear.
It's not anyone's fault.
It's only his fault.
He loves me so much that he can't see me die in front of his eyes so he left before I can do the same to him .
So selfish like every time!" She said deep in her thoughts

I was about to cry listening to her heartful love story bit my emotional moment was interrupted by Mr. Protector.

"Who is she?" He asked in a low tone near my ear looking quizzically at her .

"My secret friend!" I said in his ear getting a step closer to him with a giggle and I heard a chuckle in response.

"Who is he dear?" She asked me observing Mr. Protector who is staring at her.

I was about to open my mouth but closed when he squeezed my hand tightly and said,
"I am her husband!"

I chocked on my own saliva hearing the word husband! I was about to open my mouth to shout at him that he was not my husband but closed again when I suddenly felt his hot lips on my freezing cold cheeks sending a warmth shiver through my body and turning my cheeks from pale white to pink . His single kiss on my left cheek jammed the neurotransmitters from my neurons making me pin my legs to the ground. Finally I got into my senses and tried to glare at him angrily which I failed miserably by blushing when he winked at me.
Aura, what are you doing?
It's just a kiss on the cheek !
Don't let that kiss affect you.
You are very strong and a small kiss on cheek can't melt you. I tried to get out of his hold but his hold increased on me and he wrapped his hand around my waist pulling me impossibly closer to him which only started blocking my senses.

"You do have a beautiful wife dear!" She said looking at us.

'"No lady, stunningly gorgeous wife! " He said with a smrick looking at me with so much admiration.

"Kids, why are you here in this bad weather?" She asked concernedly.

"Actually we are heading towards north, but we got stucked here due to bad weather conditions." My counterfeit husband said in a matter of fact tone.