|one|

|one|
the mysterious guy
sunday

Millie's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. Mmm. The best feeling in the world. I stretched and smiled but then I remembered... it's the last week of summer break. A frown grew on my face as I thought of that jail that they call a school, but I shook it off because there's still a week left.

I decided to get ready and go downstairs, not realizing I'd already been on my phone for an hour.

Way to go Millie. That's a great way to spend your last week of summer.

Tally was on one of the couches watching Stranger Things. Jackson was sitting at the table devouring pancakes. Ava was sitting on the edge of kitchen island with her legs dangling and eating fruit out of a big bowl.

I sat at the island across from my mom flipping the pancakes.

"Oh hi honey," my mom looks up and smiles.

Ava looked up and her face lit up. She's so cute.

"Hi Millie! Guess what? I had a dream about you but you had a goat body and you were chasing me. It was kinda scary but then you became nice." She explained and I slightly smiled.

I held up my pointer finger, "Hold on I need food first." I ate some fruit and got a glass of water.

"Ok. Hi," I replied to my mom once I ate food. I'm not a morning person even though it was 10am already. I can't talk to people when I wake up without eating food first. "And wow Ava that's cool! Was I a cute goat? Why was I chasing you?" I asked her, acting super intrigued in her dream.

"You were super duper cute but I think you were chasing me because I had ice cream and you wanted it. But I shared with you and we became friends." She excitedly said.

"Oh good," I said to Ava.

My mom finished flipping that batch of pancakes so I took a couple and sat down across from Jackson who was still eating. Tally paused the TV and ran over to grab food along with Ava. My mom turned on the speakers to play some pop music.

We all enjoyed breakfast and didn't even question where dad was. He does surgeries all the time but who cares. He's annoying anyways.

My mom is a pediatric nurse and my dad is a surgeon. They're busy all the time with work, but I don't really mind because it lets us afford this big house and a lot more.

•••

A few hours after sitting on my phone, I decided to go outside and take the dogs for a walk. Their names are Fish and Boomerang. Odd names I know. But our family is odd so it works.

I was listening to music with a headphone in one ear, so I could still here out the other ear. I didn't notice a guy standing on his driveway until he angrily yelled, "Cause mom I have to leave now!!" I looked over as he was turning around to face me and we saw each other. I smiled, still walking and he looked away. He seemed like he had his own issues he should deal with.

He was wearing a soccer jersey and cleats and had a soccer backpack over one shoulder. I remember his hair because it was so unique and cute. He had really curly black hair. I couldn't see his face because he was turned around.

"What song are you listening to?" He asked to me from across the street and still turned away from me, walking to his car in the garage. I wasn't sure at first if it was him who said it because he wasn't facing me.

"A good one," I decided to yell back.

"Are you gonna tell me?" He turned towards me and I stopped walking.

Even from far away, I could tell he was such a glorious human being.

"I don't think so," I said with a facial expression that made it look like I was thinking.

He walked to the end of his driveway and my dogs got nervous of him. They ran over to him dragging me with them across the street.

"Fish! Boomerang! No!" I yelled to the dogs and they slowed down when they got to him.

"Sorry, they're crazy," I apologized while pulling the dogs back still. He bent down and pet them and they just wagged their tails and licked him. I looked up to him and saw him for the first time up close.

He had lots of cute freckles covering his nose and cheeks. I got lost in his beautiful eyes. They were a deep brown that glistened in the sunlight. His dark curls surrounded his face perfectly.

"Your dog's name is Fish?" He asked chuckling. I snapped from my daze to respond.

"Oh... y-yah. My family is weird," I giggled, "What's your name?"

"Tell me what song you're listening to," he challenged me and he smiled for the first time.

"Hmm nah,"

"Fine then I'm not saying my name,"

"Do you go to Eastwood?" I asked referring to my high school. He might not go to the same school as me because there are so many schools in our big Atlanta town, but our school is also so huge that I might not have noticed him there.

"Maybe," he teased.

"Are you going to answer any of my questions?" I asked.

"Hmm nah," he mocked me.

"Well fine. I'll figure it out." I started walking away.

"And how're you gonna do that?"

"I know almost everyone. I'll ask around,"

I walked away and that was the end of it, but I had a big motivation to find out who this mysterious hot, soccer player guy was.

•••

Finn's POV

What just happened?

Was I was just talking to the most beautiful girl in school?

I've never met Millie before but she's definitely the most popular girl. Everyone at school knows her but I've never even seen her in person or talked to her. She didn't seem to know I went to her school but why would she? She's so popular. Why would she care about me?

I stood there stunned like an idiot while she walked down the street and disappeared behind the corner. Her hazelnut brown shoulder length hair bounced around her. Her hips swayed as she became smaller and smaller in the distance.

Millie didn't look back to me again. She probably didn't actually care to know my name or me.

Yes, I go to Eastwood. Yes, I know her name is Millie. But I wanted to mess with her. After I realized I was already late for soccer camp, I jumped in the car and drove the opposite way.

I couldn't get her out of my mind. Nothing is better than summer break.

But like everything else: it can't last forever.

•••

Warning: this is my first book ever. It will probably start off pretty slow because it's introducing the characters and they're just meeting each other. But! I have some good ideas of what's going to happens and I'm very excited where this book could go!

Voting and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading❤️