|seventeen|

|seventeen|
skateboard lesson
3 days later : friday

Millie's POV

We were the only two in the hallway before school.  We both had a shoulder against the lockers to be facing each other directly.

"You know, I've never been to your house." I said while playing with a string on Finn's jacket.

"You wouldn't like it."

"What makes you say that?!"

"It's tiny and embarrassing." He scrunched his face.

"It's your home. I'll love it. I want to go," I made a fake pouty face and he laughed.

"Fine but don't expect much."

•••

After school, Finn drove us to his house.  Every Breath You Take came on the radio and I smiled.  I was almost shaking with excitement to see his house but I don't know why.

"Well that's it," he said as if his house was nothing.  We parked in front of his house and it was a normal house.  Finn made it seem like a dump but it was cute.  It was smaller than mine but that's just because we need a lot of room for my big family.  His house was grey it had a small garden in front of the big main windows but the garden didn't look like it had been taken care of in awhile.  There was a large oak tree shading the whole house.

"I know-" but before he could finish, I jumped out of the car.  I ran up to the front door and waited for him to unlock it.  His family wasn't home.  He gave me a tour of the house.  It was very open and everything matched perfectly.  It smelled kind of like Finn and reminded me of him.  It's the home that he grew up in and where most of his childhood memories were made.

"I love it," I turned to him and he was already close.  I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight.  I just wanted to be close to him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked, still holding me.

"We should go on a bike ride.  Since I can actually do things now without my brace and crutches."

"O...k sure," I could tell he meant doing something else but I felt like doing an outdoor activity. "Wait I have an idea," he let go of me and went out the garage door leaving me confused.  After a while, when he never came back, I realized I should follow him outside.

"Ride this," he was holding a skateboard.

"No.  No way.  Not happening," I didn't want to break my leg again.

"I'll help you, I promise," he stuck his lower lip out and I laughed.  He looked so cute it was hard to say no.  So I didn't.

The skateboard was wedged between the wall and Finn's foot so it didn't move while he held my hands to help me stand on it.

"Promise you'll hold my hands the whole time?"

"I'll do better," he moved to stand behind me and put his hands to my waist and a shiver spread through my body.

He moved my body with his hands.  I was paralyzed by fear.  I didn't want to move in case I would fall off.

"It's ok I got you," his voice alone calmed my nerves.  We were moving through the garage and my body loosened.  He moved me outside the garage to the street.  It was a flat street and he pushed me forward, letting go.

"No, no, Finn, Finn, Finn!" I yelled to him but I didn't want to move in case I'd fall.  He ran up behind me, grabbing hold of my waist again.

"You did it!" he sounded so excited for me it was adorable.