|twenty three|

|twenty three|
first date
7 days later : friday

(Note: the small parts that are italicized are flashbacks!!)

Millie's POV

Oh. My. God. It was 4:30am. I didn't want to run but I knew I should if I want a good body. Especially now that it's been over a month since my last run because of my broken leg. I ran around the lake right behind our house which took about a half an hour and was over 3 miles.

Sweaty and out of breath, I got back home and showered. Wow I didn't realize how out of shape I was. I threw on some ripped jeans and a cute tank top and straightened my hair.

"So Millie can I take you out on real date tomorrow?" Finn asked me before the bell rang. He was currently holding onto my waist and twisting my body.

"I'd like that. What were you thinking?"

"It's a surprise. I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow night."

"Well that's hard. I don't know what to wear if I don't know what we're doing," I complained.

"You don't have to dress up."

"Okayyy," I squinted trying to think of what he was planning.

"What are you planning?" I blurted to Finn during the middle of science.

"I'm not telling you," he held his head high.

"I can't take this! Tell me," I begged.

"I'm not telling you! Just wait until tomorrow," He refused.

•••

"Agh I still don't know what to wear!" I screamed to myself, holding my head in a panic.

"You've been searching for like an hour!" Brooke yelled to me from her bedroom.

"I wasn't talking to you!" I snapped.

I'm so stressed right now. Everything was chaotic. I had been looking for something to wear for the past hour and I tried on about 13 outfits. I didn't like any of them.

"Where did all my good clothes go? Why don't I have anything to wear?" I mumbled to myself as I stared at my walk in closet that was packed full with clothes. I needed something cute but simple and casual.

"When will Finn be here?" My mom yelled up the stairs at me. My anxiety was rising. I get so stressed when I'm rushed.

"Half hour!" I screamed back, trying not to think about the seconds ticking by.

After 10 minutes I settled on an off the shoulder, cropped shirt and a jean mini skirt. It paired with some cute ankle boots. I curled my hair and did light makeup.

"Are you ready?" Mom asked me with a big smile when I made my way to the kitchen with 10 minutes to spare.

"Yeah," I said, practically out of breath.

"Calm down. Breathe," she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I'm not surprised that she makes a good doctor.

"I'm so happy for you baby!" she gleamed. I rolled my eyes at what a mom thing that was to say.

"Sorry but you're just growing up so fast!" She said.

"Mom I'm 17. It's a long time coming."

To my relief, the doorbell rang shortly after. I opened the door and there he was. He was wearing joggers and a t shirt, which made me feel good for following his directions to not dress up. But he didn't look lazy, just casual. He was smiling and holding a sunflower. He handed it to me and instantly closed my eyes while I smelled it. I smiled at how cheesy this situation probably looked but I didn't mind at all.