|five|

|five|
the project
3 days later : friday

Finn's POV

"Ok so sorry guys but it's time for your first project! I want you to observe your solution to see what happens over the next 2 days. That means get together with your lab partner over the weekend. You should have your presentation of your observations and hypothesis ready by Monday. You will present them to the class," Mr. Keery informed us.

Ughhhhhh how can we already have a project?!?!

"The first week of school?" I heard Millie quietly complain and the class agreed. She could just blurt out her opinions.

"Yes Millie, sorry!" Mr. Keery already knew her name. That shouldn't be surprising because everyone knows her.

That meant that me and Millie would be partners. I don't know how I got put next to her in spanish and science, but I'm not complaining.

We awkwardly smiled at each other and put on our safety goggles and white coats.

"So we have to pour this one into that." She told me. Jack was right: she seemed smart. First, speaking in spanish and now, she knew exactly what to do.

I started pouring a blue liquid into a tube with a clear liquid. It was spilling and not actually going into the small tube. I was struggling real bad. Millie's must have noticed because she put her hand on mine and helped me pour it in better.

Once her soft, warm skin wrapped around mine, I was paralyzed.

Oh lord. She's touching me. Millie Brown is touching my hand.

She was standing up against me and was really focused on getting the blue liquid in the tube. I was watching her closely. She bent down to look closer to what she was going. She smelled like vanilla and coconut and berries or something wonderful combination like that. Her smooth hand was still holding mine tightly.

Before I knew it, I accidentally poured the solution over the tube and on the table.

She gasped and I realized what I did. The solution got all over our hands and coats. Thankfully it wasn't a harmful solution that we were pouring. Everyone looked up to us and I blushed. She just laughed that adorable little laugh.

"You okay there?" She joked.

"Fuck sorry!" My cheeks felt warm again.

"No it's fine!" She smiled.

"Way to go Finn!" Some people shouted at me.

"How do you fuck this up?" Someone yelled and laughed at us.

"Hey! Just focus on your own lab Steve!" Mr. Keery said to the one who swore.

"You're going to have to start over to make sure the liquids are equal." He finished. I was so embarrassed.

Millie ended up pouring it herself so I didn't drop it again but she was nice about the situation.

"So should we exchange numbers to work on the experiment together this weekend?" I asked her while looking at our worksheets.

We did.

"So I'll text you and we can get together to do it," she said, writing some things on the lab paper.

"To do it... the experiment, right?" I kind of smiled.

"Of course... what els-? Wait a second... oh god Finn get your head out of the gutter!" She shoved my shoulder and I chuckled.

"Would we be able to go to your house?" I asked. I really didn't want her to come to mine. She's rich and would most likely think my house was a shed compared to hers.

"Probably, I'll let you know!"

•••

Millie's POV

As we walked out of the classroom Lilia said, "You get to work with Finn!" She said with a shocked expression but I didn't get why.

"Yeah, so?"

"So? Millie, Finn is like so hot and everyone in school knows him!" I never knew Finn was popular. I'd never heard of him or seen him at school.

"Oh hmm. Well cool I guess,"

"You guess?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Agh whatever Millie. You're just so lucky," I smiled at the thought of Finn and I working on the project this weekend.

•••

Thanks for staying with me! I really hope you're enjoying it. Please vote and leave feedback! Love you! ❤️