|thirty four|

|thirty four|
happy
6 days later : friday

Millie's POV

"Ok I'll meet you after school... Yeah yeah, I know," Finn was talking to some guy who I couldn't see his face because his back was to me. Finn's eyes widened just a little when he saw me and waved the guy away.

"Hey you." He took long strides to get to me and wore a big, bright smile. I was not at all expecting to be lifted off the floor and swung around in circles.

An obnoxiously loud yelp escaped from my lips and I covered my mouth in embarrassment when he put me down moments later.

"What's put you in such a good mood?"

"You're here." He said in a duh tone and booped my nose with his index finger which brought a peachy tint to my plain cheekbones.

"Let's go, dork." I pushed his chest lightly and we started walking to class. He instinctively wrapped his long arm around my shoulder.

"What was that about?" I pointed back over my shoulder in the direction where the two were talking.

"Just about a stupid class assignment." He smiled and shrugged, "History."

"Oh gross... well I'm glad you're doing your school work." I elbowed him and he scoffed but the smile never left his chapped lips.

"Do you have any plans tonight?"

"I'm going to get my nails done with Sadie and Lilia."

"Ughh," he threw his head back, "blow them off."

"No," I laughed.

•••

"Never let him go sweetheart. He's one of the very few good ones." The manicurist smiled up at me from working on my nails. I was telling the girls about Finn.

"Yeah she knows. You two never shut up about each other." Sadie rolled her eyes but was showing a beautiful smile of pearly white teeth.

Lilia mirrored her expression, "We get it, you two are the worlds cutest couple."

Then her smile dissolved into a thin line, "He seems to be doing better."

"I don't know if it's an act he's putting on."

"It's gotta be fake if you ask me." Sadie was watching the manicurist do her French tip nails.

"But that's the thing: he seems genuinely happy."

"How is that even possible?" Lilia gleamed at her freshly done sparkling, baby blue acrylic nails. Her nails got finished before mine and Sadie's.

"No idea. It's like his dad just fell off the face of the earth and he doesn't remember."

"Maybe you make him so happy to the point where he doesn't feel sad anymore." Lilia said with an innocent voice.

"I'm not magical. I can't make someone feel better after someone dies."

"Finn loves you. I wouldn't say it's impossible." Lilia smiled.

"I would say it's pretty close to impossible. No one can erase the feeling of losing someone."

Everyone's face fell just a little, adding awkwardness to the situation, including my middle aged manicurist. They turned their full attention back to their nails.

"So Lilia," I bumped her with my foot, "What has happened with you and Jaeden?"

Life was suddenly revived back into the room.