|seven|

|seven|
the bigger question
2 days later : monday

Millie's POV

Another horrible day of school.  And today we would present our science projects.

"So for our observations, we noticed that the solution became green and it turned to jelly.  We think this happened because..." I pointed to our project on the screen.

"Good job Millie and Finn," Mr. Keery said while he was writing something on his paper.

"Good job partner," Finn said in a bad southern accent so only I could hear him.

"Good job... cowboy," I mocked him and he rolled his eyes playfully.

What the hell is happening between us?  It's always fun and flirty with him but then he backed away when we might've kissed.

•••

History came afterwards and I sit in a table group next to Jack Grazer.  He's funny and we're pretty good friends but I also talk to everyone in school.

"And the power went out this morning.  So all the lights turned off in my house while I was in the shower.  And I opened my eyes and I swear to God I thought I went blind." Jack was telling me a story and I laughed.

"Don't laugh.  It was terrifying." He had a serious face which made it even funnier.

"Oh I'm sure." I joked with him.

"It was!"

"Do you like Finn?" He blurted and caught me off guard.  The people I sit with looked at me.  Even this shy girl that doesn't talk.  I almost choked.

"What?"

"Do you like Finn?"

"Uh... no why?" I lowered my volume.

"Are you sure about that?" He smirked.

"Why?"

"Never mind," the smirk never left his face.

"Does Finn like me?"

"I don't know,"

"Wait does he?"

"Ask him yourself.  How would I know?"

"Because you're the one who brought it up!" I guess that was the end of it because he never said anything more.

Does Finn like me?  But the bigger question: Do I like Finn?

"What is your table talking about?  Would you like to share it with the class since it seems so much more interesting than what I'm teaching." Mr. Heaton glared us down.

"If Millie and Finn like each other!" Jack said clearly to the class and he smirked towards me.  We are both the type of person that tells everyone what's on our minds.  That's probably why a lot of people know us.  However, this was just too unexpected.  My mouth was hanging low.

"What?  No!" I yelled and the class howled and laughed. The teacher stood there surprised because like everyone else: He wasn't expecting that answer.

"Finn Wolfhard?"

"Oooh cute little crushes!"

"I'm gonna have to tell my boy Finn about this!"

"Date each other!"

"Get married!"

"Millie and Finn sitting in a tree-"

A lot of people were shouting at me.  It felt like we were back in second grade.  I don't really get embarrassed or I'm good at hiding it.  Either way, I just rolled my eyes at the chants.

"Ok class settle down.  Let's get back to history." Mr. Heaton turned back to the board. "Millie, Jack, Jessica, Kelly." he continued and was talking to our table group.  "We were talking about the story of Phineas Gage."

He went on talking about the guy and it was actually pretty interesting.  But history was too difficult to pay attention to right now.

•••

Gracias!  Sorry this was a very short chapter.  Please vote! Have a great day or hope you had a great day love you ❤️