|thirty seven|

|thirty seven|
slut
3 days later : wednesday

Millie's POV

"What a slut."

"I heard she tried making a move on her cousin."

They were leaning against their closed, bedazzled and decorated lockers with their expensive backpacks slung over one shoulder.

"Guys I didn't do those things." I whined at their cruel remarks, trying desperately to convince them otherwise.

"Everyone knows what you are."

"We all know what you've done."

"More like who've you done."

They continued to mock and terrorize me.

"Please. I didn't do anything!"

Their laughter continued. In fact it got louder, deeper, so deep that I swear it wasn't human. Until it surrounded me whole and overtook my world.

"You have to believe me!"

Everything except their laughter dissipated: their lockers, the checkered floor hallway, even the girls themselves. It was just me in a black void and their cackling got unbearably louder. An invisible force of anxiety was pushing down onto me, onto my shoulders and against my tight, closing throat.

The vicious shrieking made my ears ring painfully. I could only alleviate it by harshly gripping and pounding my hands against the sides of my head.

"Please stop!"

In less than a second, the universe flipped upside down and the laughs stopped. Everything, including myself, stood motionless but I was still trapped in this empty space where an eerie iridescent light constantly glowed and made me dizzy.

"Millie?"

"Please stop torturing me." I whimpered as salty tears ran between my lips. My hands were still pressed hard into my skull.

"Millie?"

"Millie?"

Lights poured into the world again. Real light. The real world. Too bright that a headache slammed violently into my temples.

Someone was shaking my shoulders. My eyes adjusted aggravatingly slow to recognize my own room and my own mom with a concerned expression.

"You're alarm has been going off. I just stopped it for you. It's time for school hun." She rubbed my back gently before padding out of the bright room and shutting the door softly behind her.

"Mom?"

I sat up slowly with a fresh headache. It was all too disorienting.

•••

"We should go see what they're up to. I know they always sit in the main hallway in the morning."

I can't help but notice a certain ravenhead is missing from the group of loud boys.

"Where's Finn?"

"Can I talk to you?" A strong hand pulled my arm away from the group. His voice was low so only I could hear. I was pulled around a corner to an empty part of the hallway.

"Listen, I'm sorry." His hold on my arms was still tight.

"Finn?"

"I didn't mean to push you."