|fifteen|

|fifteen|
off with your brace
7 days later : saturday

Millie's POV

The day was finally here.  The day I go to the doctor so see if I can stop wearing my brace.  Even though I was supposed to be wearing it all the time, it was restricting and uncomfortable so most of the time I left it off and just used my crutches.

"Ok the scan shows that you're leg is completely healed.  So you can stop using the brace and crutches as long as you can walk fine," the doctor was explaining while looking at some papers on his clipboard.

It was such a relief to not have to lug around those crutches.  I couldn't wait to tell Finn, but I decided to surprise him at school.

•••

As usual, Monday came fast, but I was excited to show off that my brace was gone.

"I'm gonna drive myself," I was talking to Brooke.

"Why?  And why are you leaving so early?  We have like 15 minutes until we usually leave," she was still eating her cereal and talking with food stored in her cheek.

"I want to show everyone my brace is off!" I slipped on a pair of birks and ran out the door.  I forgot how good it felt to run.  I'd been missing my morning runs for a few weeks now and I feel bad again.

me : are you here? i wanna show you something!

finn☺️ : i'm in the main hallway next to the upper 300s

me : coming

"No dude I'm definitely so much better at fortnite," the guys were talking about the usual when I walked up beside them.  They were sitting in the hallway against the brick wall.  The first one to see me walking up was Jack.

"Hey you got rid of your crutches and your brace!" He said and Finn looked up, confused.

"Oh my god!  You can walk!" Finn said teasing me.

"Yes!" I punched my fist in the air dramatically.  They laughed and I sat down next to Jaeden because Finn was in the middle.  It went Jaeden, Finn, Jack, and Wyatt.  Finn stood up and moved to next to me and I smiled.  The guys didn't take notice.  They were still talking about fortnite of course.

"When did you get it off?" Finn whispered to me.

"Saturday, I couldn't wait to show you."

"I'm happy they're finally gone.  Those crutches made it difficult to kiss you," he leaned down so only I could hear.

"Shhh Finn gosh," I laughed and took his hand in mine.  It was soft and warm, almost sweaty.  Our hands looked so cute intertwined together and resting on his thigh.  The bell rang shortly after.  He jumped up and grabbed my hand to help me up.

"You know I don't need help getting up anymore," I said but still taking his hand.

"I know." He smiled.

Jack joined us on our walk to math since we had that class with him.  I took my seat next to Sadie as always so Jack and Finn could sit together.

"Ok you guys seem to be on task.  I'm going to go to the restroom real quick," Ms. Dyer said and I turned to talk to Sadie.  After a few moments, I look over and see smoke circling Finn and Jack.  They were sharing a juul.

Some people were saying, "Can I do it?" They boys would decline.  Others didn't know what was happening and seemed oblivious and others looked away uncomfortably.  With so many older siblings and knowing a lot of people at school, I already knew about that stuff and found it pretty normal.  However, I'd never done anything bad like that before.

"You guys are so obvious," I chuckle and everyone was looking at them now.  Even though I hate to admit it, he looked soooooo  hotttt while vaping.

"Hmm.  It smells weird in here," Ms. Dyer announced as she walked back in the room.  The boys shoved the juul back in Finn's backpack in a panic and the class giggled.  Thankfully, she didn't notice what we were laughing about.

After class, I was packing up my things and Finn came up behind me.  He took me off guard by hugging me and I jumped a little.

"Hello Millie," he whispered in my ear that sent chills through my body.

"Your breath smells like... fish," I giggled and broke out of his hold.

"It's mango, how would it not smell good?" He furrowed his eyebrows regarding the vape flavor.

"It doesn't." I shook my head.

"Fine I'll make your breath smell bad too then," he grabbed me and I tried to back away but he smashed his lips against mine.  Luckily there weren't any more students in the room.  I stopped trying to back away then and pressed back into the kiss.  Our lips were moving in sync until the teacher cleared her throat.

"No PDA in this classroom," She was being sarcastic and calm but it was embarrassing.  Finn's cheeks were also pink.  I hurried to pack my bag and walked out of the room with Finn.  The teacher handled it really well and I'm grateful we have such a young, cool teacher.  I bet she even would've been cool with the vaping.  Just kidding that would take it too far.

•••

Ooh how do you like bad(ish) boy finn? Want more bad boy? Please vote! Love you all ❤️