Chapter 47

Dedicated to my baby Allcapsperson

Sam's P.O.V.

I don't know what to do, he said she is still in life danger... How should I feel about this? I mean surgery went just fine how the hell is she still in life danger????

"What are you doing here?" Someone asked me and I looked up at Zoe.

"Huh?"

"Shouldn't you be in there" she asked with smile and pointed at room where they were about to put Dušica.

"Me?" I asked, honestly shocked.

"Yes, you of course. Now go!" she said and I smiled.

I got up and hugged her "thank you" I whispered and went in the room.

I sat at the chair next to the bed waiting for people to bring her in. It passed few moments and she still wasn't here. I got up and started packing back and forth.

Door finally opened and they brought her in. My back were facing them and I refused to turn until there is only the two of us.

"Just 5 minutes Miss" someone said "not a minute more" I nodded and they left.

I took a deep breath and turned around. What I saw made my whole body shiver. Her whole body was covered in scratches, snitches and almost half of her body in bandages.

"Oh baby" I mumbled and walked towards her sitting on the chair.

I gently took her hand, scared not to hurt her. It still was soft even after everything. I placed gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"You have no idea how much you scared me. Please, baby, I know how strong you are and I know you can get over it. I will be here when you open your eyes and I'll tell you to fuck off again so you could laugh, just please don't leave me. I promise I will do my best to keep you happy, I'll become better, just don't leave me. You can fight this, we will fight this together okay? I expect you to open your eyes tomorrow and start with that cheesy comments of yours, which I love with my whole heart." I was talking slowly not noticing tears running down my face.

Door opened again and doctor walked in.

"Ms. Sam, it's time for you to leave" he said and I nodded.

As much as I wanted to just stay here with her until she wake up, I know I can't and it would be the best for her if I just leave so she can rest.

I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"You are strong baby. You've got this" I whispered and walked away.

Just when I was on doorway I turned around to look at her again. Once out of room I just found Zoe and Nikola standing in front of glass window that looked in Dušica's room. Nikola had his arm around her shoulder and her head was on his chest.

"Where is everybody?" I asked and they looked at me.

"We sent them home" Nikola said and Zoe added "No need for them to stay, they'll just torture themselves." and then she turned towards me "You should leave as well, go home, rest"

"No" I said and shook my head "No, I'm not leaving now" she looked at Nikola who looked at me with smile.

"Something told me you would say that" he said and walked towards the table in the corner "so I bought you this" he said and gave me coffee, cookies and croissant.

I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you" I said and took it from him.

It was late at night and we were sitting in our chairs. We talked a little, Nikola was really interested to know more about me and it at least made me a little happy. We also talked about our time in France and stuff like that, they really wanted to hear my opinion of their daughter and I loved to talk about her.