Chapter 9: All or Nothing

First, DAAAAAAMN! Over night, this story gained 28+ votes, and a couple hundred more reads. So happy. Second, I chose this song because I like it, and I feel it fits. I really wanted to use "See You Again" but this felt like it would fit more.

Now this is a LONG chapter. I was at 1700 words before I knew it. Now, I don't feel like rereading all of what I just wrote, so I'm going to hope you guys point out mistakes for me to fix, even grammar errors, because I just spent 5 hours on this, in one sitting. Hope you all LOVE it. It was so long, I didn't even listen to the song the entire time. I switched to an entire album while writing this.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) woke up early in the morning. Unsurprising, based on how worried and nervous he is. This can either be his final day on the job, or his FINAL DAY.

It took him a while to get to sleep the night before, with his mind rushing thinking of everything that could happen. Yet... In all the things he imagined happening to him, and everyone in Inkopolis, not once did he consider not doing it.

(Y/N) went downstairs and made himself a light breakfast, not feeling very hungry. He decided to leave for Octo Canyon before Pearl or Marina woke up. He wanted to walk there today.

He was taking in all the sights of the city, breathing the air in, really taking in the freshness of the air. Seeing the rays of the early morning sun protruding from behind the towers. He got to a bridge along the way. It overlooked a large part of the city and the ocean. The sun looked like it was coming right out of the ocean. He stopped for a moment to take in the sight and let the heat of the sun hit his body.

He then started back on his way of getting to Octo Canyon.

Marina POV, last night

Pearl quietly opening Marina's bedroom door.

She tip-toed her way across the room to go over to the outlet along the wall. She unplugged Marina's alarm clock, then plugged it back in.

On Pearl's way of sneaking out of the room, she stopped and took a picture of Marina, Marina's alarm clock, and Pearl, herself. She then giggled as she snuck the rest of the way out of her room. Then, as she was closing the door...

Pearl: Hehe. Check it.

She then shut the door, quietly.

Marina's eyes then opened.

Marina: *Whispering* Thanks for the advice, Pearlie.

With a smile on her face, Marina then set her alarm clock correctly.

Marina: *Whispering* I hope you don't mind, Pearlie, but I took the liberty of changing your alarm time, to give you some more sleep. You are quite energetic, so think of it as giving your batteries some extra charge.

She giggled, then went back to sleep.

~Present~

Marina woke up to the sun on her face. She stretched her arms and back, then got up.

She walked downstairs, and made a bowl of cereal. She went upstairs and brought it to the guest room.

Marina: (Y/N)? I made you breakfast. I'm coming in, so I hope your decent.

Marina then opened the door to see an empty bed.