S3C Chapter 12: Why Deny It

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): So, why are we going to the mall?

He said while walking in the front doors behind Shiver, Frye, and Big Man.

Frye: To buy stuff? Uh doy.

She said jokingly mocking him.

Shiver: They're one of our sponsors. And this place also has basically everything.

(Y/N): I bet. My next question was going to be why this place was so massive.

Big Man: Ay... Aay. (Tell me about it... I got lost in here once.)

Shiver: Yeah, "once".

Big Man: Ay... (Or twice...)

(Y/N): Shouldn't you three be focusing on practicing more for your Splatfest performance tomorrow?

He asked changing the topic.

Frye: What's there to practice? We'll crush it.

Shiver: As Frye said, we're the best.

Shiver said while confidently flicking up her fan.

(Y/N) decided not to question it any further. They were confident if nothing else, and he had heard them play before and did think they had the skills to pay the bills.

(Y/N): You've got me there.

He said with a smirk and a nod of his head accepting their boasting.

(Y/N): So then what's with this mall trip exactly?

Shiver: Can't you just accept a little relaxing trip to the mall? Doesn't have to be anything special.

Frye: Yeah, just have fun looking around at all the things and just let loose.

(Y/N): I don't know if I'm willing to take your financial advice based on what I've seen of your situation.

Frye and Shiver looked over upset at him but didn't say anything back because they knew he'd back up anything else he said on that situation.

Big Man: Ayyy. (I think just seeing all the happy people go around the mall is nice.)

(Y/N): You are a treasure, Big Man.

Big Man: Ayy!

He said with a smile.

(Y/N): So do you three get anything in return for getting me to buy stuff here due to your sponsorship?

Shiver: Enough questions! It's shopping time!

She said as the three all started pushing him further into the mall.

~~~

Frye: So you've really never had a Tacticooler drink before?

She asked while holding her bite of ramen halfway to her face.

(Y/N): Can't say I have.

Frye: We're changing that right now. Big Man! Go get us some!

Big Man: Ay! (On it!)

He said as he got up to go get what she requested of him.

(Y/N): Is there something special about Tacticooler drinks?

Shiver: Who's to say?

Shiver said from behind her fan with a mischievous smile while looking over at Frye who was returning the look.