S3C Chapter 2: Same Squid, Different Adventure

Honestly, I don't know what's causing it, but I'm just feeling like writing more of this story again these past couple of days. I finally made the return to the story the other day, but there's more I want to write right now, I was just struggling to figure out how I wanted to do it, so here we go. Another chapter already!

I am going to be trying to see which way I like writing better right now, so I might write chapters in some different ways for a little bit to get a feel for it.

Narrator POV

An Inkling is walking over the dunes in a seemingly endless desert. Their footsteps in the sand going on across the desert and into the horizon.

As they reached the top of the large dune they were crawling over by the time they got up it, the beautiful sightline of Splatsville, the City of Chaos, in the Splatlands. The Inkling smiled taking in that their long journey had finally come to an end. And then the smile disappeared as they quickly jutted their head over at the sight of a train line through the desert that the Inkling had just finished their tumultuous journey walking, and at times crawling, through.

(Y/N): THERE WAS A TRAIN THE WHOLE TIME?!

~Some time later~

3rd Person POV

(Y/N): I must be... the only person... dumb enough to... walk through this desert...

At this point, (Y/N) was just crawling around and rolling down the dunes. Suddenly, he saw an oasis with fresh water not too far, to which he got up trying to run so fast he kept tripping over himself. When he got to it, he was scooping up the water with his hands to drink it.

Unbeknownst to him, there were looming figures approaching him on the small hill just behind him.

???: What do we have here? Is someone hoarding goodies to himself?

The feminine voice spoke from behind her mask before the other masked woman spoke up.

???: Say it with sizzle... I'm Frye!

???: You think you're cool? Sharks call ME cold-blooded. But you can call me Shiver!

???: Ay! (Make money! Get fish quick!) Ay! (Big Man in the house!)

Frye: The Splatlands are OUR turf!

Shiver: Only WE may loot here.

Big Man: Ay! (Yeah!)

All three of them: We are... Deep Cut!

The three sat in silence as (Y/N) kept doing what he was doing before the yellow-masked Inkling spoke up once again.

Frye: Uh... I don't think he's paying attention to us... also why is he eating sand?

Hearing this, (Y/N) realized there was no water or oasis and it was just in his mind, as he spat up the sand trying to brush it all off of his tongue.

Frye: Oh never mind, I guess he could hear us, he was just ignoring us... ʳᵘᵈᵉ.

(Y/N): This is it, I'm going to just dehydrate here and die surrounded by stage clowns.

He said trying to cry himself, but he didn't have the tears to come out, so he just plopped face down into the sand, accepting his fate.

Shiver: Are you sure he doesn't have anything useful?