S3C Chapter 1: A Renewed Vision

It's been... a little while since I last wrote, so I'm going to need to dust off the cobwebs for this one. I hope that I won't keep you all waiting as long for the next one.

The Inkling was sitting in their seat on the train, enjoying the air conditioning and being out of the heat of the desert.

"I'm so excited! A new place with new experiences to be had!" I thought to myself, "They say there's even rockin' idols called "Deep Cut" in Splatsville, and they've got killer music. I don't think I'm going to regret choosing to move all the way out here."

The little pet smallfry accidentally knocks over another person's stuff.

"I'm so sorry!" I say with a nervous laugh as I grab my pet smallfry to keep him out of more trouble. "Me and my big mouth."

Next, I notice we're now inside the city as I look around all of the buildings and chaotic energy of the city. Others might think it was too chaotic by how it looks to be a comfortable place to live, but I was someone who was quite used to plenty of chaos going down all around me anyway, so this felt cozy to me.

Once the train had arrived to let us off, I stepped out into the city streets and took a moment to look at all the buildings and people enjoying their time around in the city. And right in front of the station I noticed the giant screen TV on the Turf War lobby lit up with a news announcement.

"Looks like my presence is news worthy already to start a commotion the moment I step off the train," I said with a chuckle before realizing no one was around to groan at my joke, let alone laugh at it.

"Listen up! It's going down..." spoke the blue-inked Octoling. "Repping the Splatlands, we are DEEP CUT!"

"Anarchy Splatcast! We're live!" the yellow-inked Inkling chimed in.

"Ay! (Here we go!)" spoke the last member of Deep Cut, the large manta ray man.

"You lip-synch, we drip ink..."

"Ay, ay, ay! (Shiver, Frye, and Big Man!)" Big Man finished off after Shiver. "Ay! (Breaking news! Hot off the press!)"

"Oh, you got something, Big Man? Let's hear it!" asked Shiver.

Big Man changed the screen to show a screen of the news that... THE GREAT ZAPFISH WAS MISSING (again?)!

"Uh, this was MY story to break. The Great Zapfish is gone!"

"Wait, if it's breaking news, how was she already planning on doing it?" I asked to myself, not understanding the mysterious inner mechanisms of that woman's mind.

"It basically powers the whole city! We need it back soon, or it's lights out..." Shiver went back to explaining the situation.

"Time to conserve. Turn off the lights, and set the temp to a cool 90 degrees Fahrenheit," Frye informed.

"COOL?!?" I exclaimed out loud without meaning to before returning to my inner monologue, "I haven't even been to my new place so you're telling me I'm going to have to keep enduring this scorching heat in a place that's been soaking in the heat all day already?"

"Ay! (That's 32 degrees Celsius, and it is NOT cool! Call us if you find the Zapfish!)" Big Man recontextualized.

"Well, I'm glad we acknowledged that glaring issue, but it's still a pain," I sulked before pumping a fist to myself. "I will do whatever it takes to fix this heat issue- I mean Great Zapfish issue!"

"And that's it... for now," Shiver spoke again as she prepared for them to end the newscast.

"Ay! (Let's get outta here!)"