S2C Chapter 47: Valentine's Fiasco

First off, I want to thank @Joobodoo  for this absolutely STELLAR piece of fanart of Marie and I, made specifically for this chapter! Honestly, can't thank him enough for it.

Now, let's great straight on into the chapter.

Marina POV

Marina had woken up early today, and also made sure to set Pearl's alarm clock to go off a little later than usual. Marina went through her entire wardrobe to try and look as appealing to (Y/N) as possible; not that she'd admit that.

After she got dressed, she decided to put on some makeup, only a tiny bit though.

Marina heard the front door buzz, so she quickly went to it, as to not wake Pearl up. Marina let him in, then a couple minutes later, he knocked on the front door with Marina standing there, ready to let him in.

(Y/N): Hey, Marina, I'm here like you sa-

His eyes fully widened. He admired her full beauty, jaw dropped; he couldn't even form a sentence correctly.

Marina: So... Do I look good?

She said shyly.

After she said that, he closed his jaw and snapped to.

(Y/N): "Good"? You like fantastic!

Marina looked down a bit, holding her hands together, green ink rushing to her face. She smiled widely at him.

Marina: Th-Thank you!

(Y/N) rubbed the back of his neck while giving a slight chuckle.

Marina: Well, come in.

She held her hands up, motioning him inside.

(Y/N): Thanks.

He walked in and after Marina shut the door, they both sat on the couch.

Marina: So... did you have a nice morning?

(Y/N): Yeah... Where's Pearl at?

Marina: She's still asleep.

They sat in embarrassed silence for a bit until (Y/N) spoke.

(Y/N): Okay, so what should we do first? Do you have a plan?

Marina: Oh! Yeah! Okay, we can hang around here for a bit first, then we can go out and have fun!

She giggled.

(Y/N): Okay, sounds good, so like-

Marina: Like a movie, a dinner, and all that romantic stuff.

(Y/N): Okay, but if you really don't want to deal with all these guys harassing you, why don't you just not leave Pearl's house?

Marina: W-Well, be-because this way, i-if we do it right, then I-I don't have to worry about them again!

Marina gave a nervous chuckle.

(Y/N): Okay, then-

Marina: Now, let's get you dressed up all snazzy.

(Y/N): I mean, I always look good, but yeah... let's get me dressed up.

~~~

Marina was standing outside of the guest room, waiting for (Y/N) to get changed. She was leaning against the wall when she decided she'd check again.