S3C Chapter 10: New Splatfest Jitters

This chapter was actually supposed to come out yesterday but I came down with a sudden sickness and couldn't do anything the past day or two. I did however take that time trying to think over what I wanted to write for this chapter, so here we are!

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) was walking into the main room as the Deep Cut trio were all huddled in a circle.

Ever since the Splatfest theme was announced, the three had been playing matches of Rock, Paper, Scissors. The only issue was that all three of them chose the exact same move every time based on their Splatfest teams, so it was just a never-ending stalemate.

(Y/N): You three know it doesn't matter how many times you try it, it's going to be the same outcome every time, right?

Frye: No no no, because rock breaks scissors and then paper covers rock.

Shiver: Frye, don't be ridiculous. Rock would tear through both of them.

Big Man: Ayy! (The scissors are made of metal, so they wouldn't break so easily!)

(Y/N): I think you three need to reevaluate how this game is played.

He said while leaning on the back of the couch.

(Y/N): I'm also shocked Big Man can even throw scissors with his flippers.

Big Man: Ayyy. (It took a bit to figure out, but that's why no one expects me to do it.)

Shiver: That... is actually quite the devious move, Big Man... Well played.

Frye: Which team do you plan on going, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Undecided for now.

Frye: What a copout...

(Y/N): I am leaning toward rock or paper though.

Frye and Shiver then smirked in Big Man's direction.

Big Man: Ay? (What's wrong with scissors?)

(Y/N): Sorry, Big Man, but scissors are only something to throw when going against someone pretty smart at the game. Most people throw rock as their first move, so paper is the best starting move. Worst case, they thought about that too, and just both of you threw paper.

Big Man: Ay? (Then what about rock?)

(Y/N): As I said, it's the usual first move for a reason. And I mean, it's a rock, so realistically it should destroy both.

Shiver: Glad someone sees the vision.

She said with a victorious smile behind her fan.

Big Man just sighed understanding that scissors would probably be the least popular. But then he pumped himself back up knowing that he could still make up for it with the actual matches.

(Y/N) just patted Big Man on the back to encourage his fighting spirit.

Shiver and Frye then looked at each other and then at (Y/N).

Frye: So, what'll it take to come over to the winning team?

Shiver: Choosing Team Rock.

Frye glared at Shiver.

Frye: Nuh uh, Team Paper's gonna be taking home the gold!

Shiver: You can entertain that idea until the results come in.

Frye grumbled under her breath.

Shiver: So, have you taken any time yet to listen to some of our music?